• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

lms47

Beach Lover
Apr 23, 2008
Freeport, FL
As an avid AU Tiger fan, I want to thank the Bama fans for their empathy in this tragic situation. Some of the fans have set up a page on FB for members to donate money for the replacement of seedlings. Kudos to these fans! Boy, it was really hard for me to type this statement, just kidding ;-)

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
My hope is that the action of one scumbag, sicko, jerk does not cast all of us Alabama fans in a bad light. I am appalled and sickened by this. As most all of the State of Alabama is. My heart has been broken since I heard the news.

When he is put in the Alabama prison system I have a feeling he will get what is coming to him. There are probably a lot of Alabama and Auburn fans in the system who would gladly hand out his punishment.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Good luck with that one, kathydwells. All schools are judged by their worst idiots. To prove the point, name one scholar at the University of Alabama for 2010.

I've seen some real idiots at UGA games, on both sides, and when bourbon and tequila comes in to play at a game, I see a few idiots of another degree. I've seen quite, shy people go into zombie mode of pick a fight with anyone wearing the other teams colors or cheering for the other team. Some fans are in it very deep, and this grandpa sounds like he was much like it.

It really sucks for the old growth trees at AU to be destroyed. I try to imagine UGA's north campus trees being killed by an opposing fan. Those trees are 200+ years old. It would likely be worse than a death sentence because retaliation wouldn't be death by opposing fans. It would likely be a lifetime of harassment. The guy would likely have to worry about not having air in his tires on any given day, especially with today's power of FaceBook. Can you imagine every time you go to the grocery store, coming out with all of the air let out of one of your tires? What about wiping eggs off of your windshield every day you drove home from work? What about having to wash off shoe polish from your car windows saying, "I love Auburn?" ... every day for the rest of your life. Payback is hell, especially in the SEC. If the cops/AU wanted to punish this guy, they should simple publish his name and address and let him go, and maybe make him plant new trees by hand for a summer on Auburn's campus while wearing a shirt that says, "I killed the trees."

I'm just glad the guy didn't go postal on the football team. Can you imagine the National Champions getting gunned down by a grumpy grandpa from Alabama?

Last edited:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
Wouldn't it be fitting if he ended up having to wear an Auburn "Orange" jumpsuit in prison....:lol:

PearlSB4U

Beach Fanatic
Aug 28, 2010
The guy would likely have to worry about not having air in his tires on any given day, especially with today's power of FaceBook. Can you imagine every time you go to the grocery store, coming out with all of the air let out of one of your tires? What about wiping eggs off of your windshield every day you drove home from work? What about having to wash off shoe polish from your car windows saying, "I love Auburn?" ... every day for the rest of your life.

A nice fantasy...but you know that the cops would arrest--& the courts would convict--the guys letting air out of his tires, egging his car, writing on his windshield...

Vigilante justice is sweet to contemplate, but the vigilantes would pay.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Can they put the trees on dialysis? :dunno:

And will they have to remove and replace all the soil around them due to the chemicals?

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Extended coverage on CNN now - suspect in custody. One of his children is named "Roll Tide" Updyke and the other is "Bear Bryant" Updyke. I'm guessing they will need to change their first and last names and maybe move to another country.

Auburn official chokes up during press conference.

His children were last spotted playing with NASCAR driver Ricky Bobby's two boys, "Walker" and "Texas Ranger"!