• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Chi2GB

Beach Lover
Jul 23, 2009
Grayton Beach
My wife and I are SoWal residents. We are looking to take a quick one night getaway. Looking for somewhere romantic/fun within about 2.5 hours of SoWal. Any ideas?

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
There are some nice areas on the coast and east of PC. Someone may be more familiar than I.

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
Perdido Key just west of Pensacola is not bad.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Apalachicola is the spot I would go to. There is a really nice hotel on the river, I beleive it is called the Rainbow Inn and there is also a famous B&B in town. Lots of good restaurants, the best seafood in the world and great shopping. It is in Gulf County (I think).

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
My wife and I are SoWal residents. We are looking to take a quick one night getaway. Looking for somewhere romantic/fun within about 2.5 hours of SoWal. Any ideas?
Fairhope, Alabama.

joho

Beach Fanatic
Aug 5, 2005
Fairhope, Alabama.

I agree Andy!

I love going to Fairhope.......sightseeing....... going to the pier, checking out the galleries and the quaint little restaurants.
The town is immaculate with decorative floral arrangments lining the streets. It's like turning back time and being in "Mayberry".