• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
what a beautiful area the South Walton Beach area is! :clap_1: we had a really nice time, just spending time with my extended family. The beaches were nice and the water, although the surf was a little rough this past week. My hubby , kids and I are used to alot more activity though. We spent most of our time in Destin or Panama City Beach. We stayed in Grande Beach, most mornings, we walked to the health food store next to us for a natural fruit smoothie! yummy! My brother and his wife enjoyed the little Cajun resturant witin walking distance. We all (12 of us) ate at Goatfeathers which was WONDERFUL. We overwhelmed them though, I think, with such a large party, we had almost a 2 hour wait, but the food was excellent. We bought many Blue Mt. Beach T-shirts to bring home with us for memories. The home we stayed in was beautiful and very private, if anyone would like to know. Very homey and well taken care of. I heard that Cheryl Crow owned the home next to ours, at least that's what a local told my brother! She wasn't there :sosad:. A very clean area, great for families with little ones, for sure! My 14 and 9 yr. old were a little bored. But a good time was had by all, who wouldn't love the white suger beaches and clear emerald waters, no matter where one stays??? elise

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
alic65 said:
We stayed in Grande Beach, I heard that Cheryl Crow owned the home next to ours, at least that's what a local told my brother! She wasn't there :sosad:
Perhaps she was not there because she does not own a house in Grande Beach. Glad you had a great time. I am curious to know where you live. I like the quietness of the Beach, and enjoy not having an anxiety attack when I drive around here. Sounds like your kids need to get off of the Game Boys and X Boxes and begin to use their imaginations. I cannot imagine vacationing in Blue Mtn Beach and having the need to spend most of my time in Destin or PCB. :nono1: I guess everyone has their own needs and that is what keeps the world a little more interesting.

lurker1

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2005
SoWal
Smiling JOe said:
Perhaps she was not there because she does not own a house in Grande Beach.

Dang, Joe, do you always have to be such a smarty-pants? She did own the house next door until October 2004. Why not give a tourist a break? Is your self-esteem dependent upon being the most knowledgeable among the Posters?

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
lurker1 said:
Smiling JOe said:
Perhaps she was not there because she does not own a house in Grande Beach.

Dang, Joe, do you always have to be such a smarty-pants? She did own the house next door until October 2004. Why not give a tourist a break? Is your self-esteem dependent upon being the most knowledgeable among the Posters?
My apologies. Did not intend my post to be offensive. :roll:

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
Thank you Lurker 1 for coming to my defense! Glad to know that Cheryl Crow actually DID own a home there! And to Smiling Joe....my kids have plenty of imagination, they do not own these things that you speak of. They enjoy snorkel trips, dolphin tours and parasailing when we come to Florida, things that they don't get to do every day. My husband and I like being close to shopping and eating joints. We live in a small , rural town in Southern Missouri where we enjoy canoeing, boating on Bull Shoals lake and camping. I love the beach and the water in Florida, it's my favorite thing there! But it is also my children's vacation and I have to think of them. :)

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
alic65 said:
My husband and I like being close to shopping and eating joints. We live in a small , rural town in Southern Missouri ...
Now, I see. Most of the tourists here are from major cities, and I could not figure out why anyone would come from a major cities filled with traffic and still feel compelled to go into Destin. I can see why someone living in a rural area would want to see a little eye candy and go shopping, dining, etc.

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
we are from a town of about 900 people, so traffic usually isn't a problem here! And we go to PCB to visit family (my aunt and her children and grandchildren who visited there at the same time my family stayed in BMB). Didn't mean to offend anyone, it's a GORGEOUS area for sure! By the way, my boys play basketball and baseball, love to fish and swim in the lakes near us. We are NOT city people at all, I couldn't live in the city. I'm a country girl! :D Maybe the locals in that area should appreciate people like us who come to your area and spend their money, making it a better place for you to live!

Wu

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2005
alic65 said:
we are from a town of about 900 people, so traffic usually isn't a problem here! And we go to PCB to visit family (my aunt and her children and grandchildren who visited there at the same time my family stayed in BMB). Didn't mean to offend anyone, it's a GORGEOUS area for sure! By the way, my boys play basketball and baseball, love to fish and swim in the lakes near us. We are NOT city people at all, I couldn't live in the city. I'm a country girl! :D Maybe the locals in that area should appreciate people like us who come to your area and spend their money, making it a better place for you to live!

Forgive my impertinance. Why money make a place better? :dunno:

alic65

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Southern Missouri
because Wu, just like our area, tourists coming in spending money at the lakes and rivers in our community, help make many people a nice living :bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.