• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
Hello all! Sen. Rod Smith is coming to the Seaside Meeting Hall for a reception/fundraiser on Wednesday February 15th at 5:30 pm. He is a Democratic Candidate for Florida Governor. Everyone is welcome to come meet him. I have attached the invitation. Hope to see you all there!

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Re: Florida's Next Governor

CJ, are you going to attend? If you do, could you tell us your impressions? I wish I could go! I think it's always so interesting to hear what candidates have to say for themselves. You get such a better idea seeing someone in person than watching on TV. I like seeing both parties "perform" as it were. The better informed you are, the better for you. :clap_1:

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
Re: Florida's Next Governor

Mermaid said:
CJ, are you going to attend? If you do, could you tell us your impressions? I wish I could go! I think it's always so interesting to hear what candidates have to say for themselves. You get such a better idea seeing someone in person than watching on TV. I like seeing both parties "perform" as it were. The better informed you are, the better for you. :clap_1:

Yes I am going but I already know Rod Smith and I can tell you he is by far the best candidate in this race on both sides of the aisle. I could get into his history but it sounds a bit cheesey because it is so perfect for a politician...you know grew up a poor farmer and the whole bit. I'll just say he is very smart and almost always on the right side of the issues. I have yet to meet anyone who was not ready to vote for him after meeting him, Republican or Democrat, unless they were related to the others and they were still probably lieing.

CJ

Beach Lover
Feb 16, 2005
Pt. Washington
Don't forget about tonight. I look forward to seeing everyone there and trying to figure out who they are.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Thanks Kurt for linking to this thread. I had been looking for a bit of info!

Rod Smith has some important things to say about issues affecting women and families. I would back him on his positions on these issues alone. Now I'm going back and reading some more!