• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I hate it. Why do we need this???

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Needed because no one drives the posted speed limit in that area. Hardly any cars stop to allow the right of way to cyclists and walkers as it is a Yield to them there. Really it's to slow your Butts down so some cars may actually be close to the posted 15mph limit as opposed to the normal 35-45mph people normally drive. This isn't ATL. Slow down and enjoy where your at or better yet try riding a bike in this area save some gas.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Good question. I am not sure they are legal and I think they should be removed. Enforce the traffic laws.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Paint lines and put up a sign, I don't understand the need for a speed bump.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
You mean it's it new one? Maybe it was for the new Whisky Bravo place at the Wheel House. Someone actually suggested they erect a stop sign!

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I called the WCRD and asked about it, it is legit. It's adjacent to Santa Clara and is being overseen by the TDC. The Walton County Road Department did approve the plans sometime back but have not made the final inspection. They are waiting on the striping and sinage to be completed. I don't care for the bump but am okay with it as long as it is properly approved. My concern was that someone had arbitrarily added it as part of some improvements made to a subdivision or private property.

Last edited:

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Is it in the same place, more bumpier than the old one?

This is an additional one a little further east but before you get to Seagrove Plaza.