• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
I think it's just kind of a pointless place to put one. Drove over it on my way to work this morning, and I don't care for it much. BUT, not my decision... :dunno::wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Isn't that the location of the new TDC parking lot for beach access? That would make sense. If you don't like speed bumps, just lay on the horn every time you go across them. If everyone did it, there would be no speed bumps.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
I called the WCRD and asked about it, it is legit. It's adjacent to Santa Clara and is being overseen by the TDC. The Walton County Road Department did approve the plans sometime back but have not made the final inspection. They are waiting on the striping and sinage to be completed. I don't care for the bump but am okay with it as long as it is properly approved. My concern was that someone had arbitrarily added it as part of some improvements made to a subdivision or private property.

I for one wish they would take down the blue signs, as was agreed upon, before they spread more crap around the roadways.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I agree

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Once again the TDC wrinkles the area. How do we get on their upcoming meeting agenda notices so voices can be heard prior to the fact

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
I'd say jump on the Road Department right now. They will give the final inspection.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Once again the TDC wrinkles the area. How do we get on their upcoming meeting agenda notices so voices can be heard prior to the fact

I don't think it matters since Dawn did exactly what everyone feared and has stacked the board with her cronies.

BeachSteelers

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2006
Seagrove
Really? This is a big issue. A stupid slow down of 5 secs of your lives? This is a Vacation Area! Hello! WTF is everyones rush! Wake up early and be on time for your work. Going 40mph+ down 30A in Seagrove is Dangerous! Especially this time of year. Old snowbirds, spring breakers, children,cyclists and pedestrians most try to cross 30a just to get to the Path. Most Jagoffs around here won't stop or slow and some even speed up some.
The Bump before 395 going west is Clearly marked YIELD. And 15mph. Who here does both?
I'd say 1 in 10 actually YIELD to anyone. 1 in 50 go 15mph. Maybe.
These have been freshly painted this week courtesy of SoWal prisioners. Also is it smart to use chain gangs in tourist areas? That's another isue.
I guess a loss of a few seconds of everyones precious life is too much to ask in exchange for Public Safety.
Common decency is so Uncommon! Why?
Florida is near the top of all states in pedestrians and cyclists killed or maimed by vehicles every year!
But that's not in any travel brouchers is it.
30A should be a Yield to Pedestrians its entire length. We should allow people to cross in front of us. Smile, wave and be thankful tourists are coming back after last season.
Their $$$$ fuel the economy here, like it or not.