• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I'm doing spring cleaning purge and have been hearing much about selling old gold jewelry for the gold value. Not sure I want to do the national "envelope" thing I see advertised on TV. Anyone know of local jewelers or other businesses that will buy my old gold?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Did you check w/ the Kent place at Grayton Corners, I think they sell estate jewelry?

The Jewelers in Monet might be able to steer you to a good place too.

And I know Joe Arriga has made jewelery for clients by melting down their old stuff, so maybe he buys it too.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
Misscritter, I don't have any experience with them, but I heard an ad on the radio just this morning for Coin & Bullion in PC. Funny, they mention in the ad that there is no reason to put your gold in an envelope and send it accross the country....

Here is their info from google.
Coin & Bullion Reserves
Coin & Bullion Reserves: numismatists, diamonds, gems, jewelry, treasure
(850) 785-9546
2621 E 15th St
Panama City, FL 32405

Good luck and please let us know how it goes! :wave:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Watch out for some of the gold buyers wanting to pay you 12% of the value of gold. I believe gold has fallen back to around $900/oz.

michelhain

Beach Crab
Feb 17, 2010
I'm doing spring cleaning purge and have been hearing much about selling old gold jewelry for the gold value. Not sure I want to do the national "envelope" thing I see advertised on TV. Anyone know of local jewelers or other businesses that will buy my old gold?

Hi
Tell me your area ..so that i can recommend some Old jewelery exchange shops in you local places...

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Misscritter, I don't have any experience with them, but I heard an ad on the radio just this morning for Coin & Bullion in PC. Funny, they mention in the ad that there is no reason to put your gold in an envelope and send it accross the country....

Here is their info from google.
Coin & Bullion Reserves
Coin & Bullion Reserves: numismatists, diamonds, gems, jewelry, treasure
(850) 785-9546
2621 E 15th St
Panama City, FL 32405

Good luck and please let us know how it goes! :wave:

I have used Coin and Bullion a couple times and always received great prices for my gold. I did go by Shops of Grayton Beach I want to say it was Bags for Hags to compare prices and the return was quite a bit higher at Coin and Bullion.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I did end up using Coin and Bullion and was happy with the return.

NDisque

Beach Crab
Mar 3, 2011
The "envelope" thing

I was sceptical about the "envelope" thing I saw online as well. However, I can tell you from my own personal experience that www.MyGoldDepot.com pays out well. I sent them a bunch of broken jewelry and got back more money than I was expecting. I wouldn't sell my gold to a pawn shop because they won't give you a lot for the gold. If it's got gems in it, try a jewelry store.

TNJed

Beach Fanatic
Sep 4, 2006
Seagrove Beach, FL
You can cut out all middlemen and sell directly to a refiner. Here's who you should send your gold to; Midwest Refineries in Michigan will pay 95% of spot for gold, 90% spot for silver. Stay away from those commercials! You'll be real lucky to get 60%.

Figure out how much you have first by weighing your gold to the hundredth of an oz on a digital scale. Remove all gemstones. You get nothing for them. Once you have your weight in TROY ounces (31.1 grams in a troy ounce) all you need is todays spot price and some easy math to be a more informed seller.

10k = 10/24 = .416 pure
14k = 14/24 = .583 pure
18k = 18/24 = .75 pure

So, if today's spot price is $1430 (spot is 24k or .999 pure) and you have say 1.35 ounces of 14k gold, you must first determine spot of 14k. $1430 x .583 (14k purity) = $833.69 Then simply multiply this 14k spot by the number of ozs like: $833.69 x 1.35 = $1,125.48

$1125.48 is the full melt value. The refiner listed above will give you $1125.48 x .95 = $1,069.21. They will mail you a check, wire the funds, OR give you an equal amount of gold in a refined and assayed pure bar or coin.

Or I'll be happy to give you 70% for same day service ;-)