• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
NEWS RELEASE
Daryl Wade Mayatte Wanted for Homicide

For Immediate Release
March 13, 2011

The Walton County Sheriff?s Office (WCSO) is making public notice that Daryl Wade Mayatte, 34, of Santa Rosa Beach, Fla., is wanted for a homicide that occurred 3 p.m. yesterday at 103 Country Club Drive in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla.

Daryl Wade Mayatte is described as a 34-year-old white male with brown hair and hazel eyes. He is approximately six feet, four inches tall and weighs approximately 170 pounds. He has a tattoo of a ?Big D? on one forearm. Mayatte has a black Chevrolet S-10 with Fla. tag number WQD49V registered to him. He may be traveling in a 2003 or 2004 gray Chevrolet Impala or a gold four door Infiniti.

If you have information regarding the whereabouts of Daryl Wade Mayatte, please contact the Walton County Sheriff?s Office at (850) 892-8111 or your nearest law enforcement agency.

The investigation is active and ongoing.

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
Address

That would be helpful to know if this killer was your neighbor as he is on the run and no one seems to know where he is. Only a bit of concern...

Drug Related.

d

Phoenix Rising

Beach Lover
Apr 24, 2006
There is a Daryl Mayatte listed at 825 Old Ferry Rd, Santa Rosa Beach. Not sure if that is a current address. He is on facebook and his profile/wall is public.

Diamond Dave

Banned
Mar 6, 2011
Seagrove
Not a stranger to problems

Looks like this guy was involved in a possible DUI Wreck in 2009. This recent shooting will mostlikley be over drugs. I wish there was more aggressive enforcement. We are not talking about just social pot smoking around here any more...

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Yes this is the same guy who had a head on with a van a couple years ago right in front of my shop. I was one of the first ones on the scene. The guy had hit the windshield with his forehead and was leaking fluids from all over the place on his head. I thought for sure he was dead. There was a beer can on the floor still pouring beer out of it when I came up on the car.

I never did hear more other than he was air lifted to Pensacola. Obviously he survived and hasn't learned anything from it. Sounds like the only way to change this guy's ways will be to have him pushing up daisy's. :sosad:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
City Marshal/Police

Posted on: March 14, 2011South Walton Murder Suspect ? Daryl Wade Mayatte

Crime Stoppers of Walton County is asking the public for any information regarding the whereabouts of Daryl Wade Mayatte, 34, of Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. Mayatte is the suspect in a double shooting incident that occurred Saturday, March 12 at 103 Country Club Drive in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla. Mayatte is believed to be responsible for the death of one individual and severely injuring another.
Anyone with information as to Mayatte?s whereabouts or information about the shooting is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Walton County (1-866-718-8477) or the Walton County Sheriff?s Office (1-850-892-8186).
Crime Stoppers of Walton County also asks that the public not approach Mayatte as he is considered armed and dangerous. Contact your local law enforcement agency immediately to report any sightings.
Information provided to Crime Stoppers is reported in a confidential manner. Callers providing information on this or other criminal activity may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.