• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I never had good luck with AT&T down here, so I switched to Sprint about four years ago. Their service has been golden.

Grayton Girl

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
Sowal
I have an iphone and have had terrible service for the last 2 days. I can't seem to get any internet connection and phone service takes forever. Emails and texts won't go through either. Is it all the spring breakers? Are the circuits being overloaded? I normally have no problems at all with AT&T.

Camellia

Beach Fanatic
Nov 26, 2004
My theory, Grayton Girl, is yes and yes. But when I called ATT , they wanted to send me out to get a new SIM card , rather than fessing up to inadequate cell tower service. Thanks, was hoping to spend the day driving to PCB in spring break traffic. Oh, and yes, iPhone, but don't see why an iPHone would be worse than any other ATT phone .

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I have an iphone and have had terrible service for the last 2 days. I can't seem to get any internet connection and phone service takes forever. Emails and texts won't go through either. Is it all the spring breakers? Are the circuits being overloaded? I normally have no problems at all with AT&T.

oh no, what does all that mean? I have never experienced service problems on my iphone! still okay now. doesn't sound like its going to stay that way.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
My theory, Grayton Girl, is yes and yes. But when I called ATT , they wanted to send me out to get a new SIM card , rather than fessing up to inadequate cell tower service. Thanks, was hoping to spend the day driving to PCB in spring break traffic. Oh, and yes, iPhone, but don't see why an iPHone would be worse than any other ATT phone .
Not sure where you are located but are you aware there is an AT&T store in the shopping strip as you enter the Destin WalMart. It is the first store to the South.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Not sure where you are located but are you aware there is an AT&T store in the shopping strip as you enter the Destin WalMart. It is the first store to the South.

good suggestion. I would definitely go in and see if there is anything wrong with my phone! and if not, try to find out what else is going on. and come back to this thread and let us know!

SeaGroovy

Beach Comber
Sep 8, 2007
Seagrove
I work in Seaside and have had terrible coverage on my iphone the past couple of days. Cant' get email, texts won't send, takes 30 seconds for a call to connect if it does at all.... I remember that last year there was the same type of problem during Atlanta's spring break week. I think it must have to do with the volume of folks in the area. I have friends in Watercolor this week, and they're getting bad service, too. I'm fine in Seagrove and elsewhere on 30A. Just seems to be in Seaside/Watercolor. I'm thinking the TDC should get involved. We have some unhappy vacationers here and they'll remember that next year. Having no phone is about as bad as the oil!