• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If they have historical value. Com. Brannon is a history buff and was instrumental in getting identity signs for several historical sites in the county

If they are historical sites, wouldn't historical site markers telling people about them be more appropriate?

NunYa

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2010
If they are historical sites, wouldn't historical site markers telling people about them be more appropriate?

What??!?!
And give people more to ***** about?
Oh I can hear it now......"That isn't history" "Oh woe is me, who designed those signs", "Those signs dont belong there" "They spent HOW MUCH ON THOSE SIGNS??!?!"

Jezz.......enjoy life, and as someone above said, "the beauty surrounding around us.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
What??!?!
And give people more to ***** about?
Oh I can hear it now......"That isn't history" "Oh woe is me, who designed those signs", "Those signs dont belong there" "They spent HOW MUCH ON THOSE SIGNS??!?!"

Jezz.......enjoy life, and as someone above said, "the beauty surrounding around us.

historical signs = useful and educational. you rarely see too many historical signs. other road/bike path signs = about half of them out there are useful or attractive. it becomes environmental clutter disturbing the look and feel of the surrounding beauty. also, it seems important to me to design signs with the character of the surrounding land and town in mind, so that they are both useful and tasteful - spending as much as necessary on excellent materials and design to accomplish this. A common sense approach to useful signage while preserving the beauty and character of the town - is it too much to expect from County, TDC, etc? I really don't think so.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I bet $20 that an informative historical sign (like the one on 98 in Pensacola telling about the history of the road) costs less than one of these brown signs.

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
Personally, I love that big blue sign near County Line Rd on 20. It lets me know I'm in Walton Co(lots of people don't seem to know where Walton starts and Okaloosa ends on the west end). Just wish people had paid more attention when Gene Wesley advised that they needed a third lane on 30A in the late 90's. Nothing more frustrating than sitting and waiting for people to make turns while the oncoming traffic streams!