• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beach Geeks

Beach Lover
Wow, thanks to all my customers that commented in the thread! You guys are amazing. A few things I would recommend for you off the top. While Microsoft Security Essentials is an amazing free virus program it does very little to prevent root kits. Another (probably one of the largest problems today) is that many of these root kits come from facebook, myspace, twitter, or other social networking sites that most of us have become very dependent on in our daily lives.

In the past I have recommended MSE for a free solution (and still do if you want free), but I recommend that you use it in conjunction with Malwarebytes and Spybot. Just make sure that when you install Spybot that you make sure that you disable Tea-Timer. It will drive you up a wall. ALWAYS do your scans from safe mode and make sure that you run updates to get the latest definitions.

As for a paid solution. I recommend Trend Micro. They are doing a fantastic job of scanning sites BEFORE you navigate to the page. Expect about a 1-2 second delay in your speed of you browsing, however the benefit is amazing. I see customers that have root kits on a daily basis. Trend does an amazing job, it really does. It is more affordable than other paid solutions, and uses very little system resources.

That's my 2 cents. And if you need help, you can always call us.

Beach Geeks