• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
I haven't been to either V or Vue but I have eaten Sandor's cooking, back in the day when he had the restaurant in the building that got moved from Seagrove to Alys Beach and is now George's. Twice we got to dine at Sandor's and twice we had the kind of memorably lovely and delicious experience that stays with you forever. The service was fantastic, the dishes creative and masterfully prepared, beautifuly served.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I haven't been to either V or Vue but I have eaten Sandor's cooking, back in the day when he had the restaurant in the building that got moved from Seagrove to Alys Beach and is now George's. Twice we got to dine at Sandor's and twice we had the kind of memorably lovely and delicious experience that stays with you forever. The service was fantastic, the dishes creative and masterfully prepared, beautifuly served.

yes, same here.

I look forward to following Chef Sandor wherever he may go.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Viridian, not Veridian. Vue on 30A, not Vue.

Viridian is a blue-green pigment, a hydrated chromium(III) oxide, of medium saturation and relatively dark in value. It is composed more of green than blue. Specifically, it is a dark shade of spring green, the color between green and cyan on the color wheel. ...

Vue is a mis-spelling of "view", or Visual User Environment (VUE or HP-VUE) was Hewlett-Packard's Desktop environment for the X Window System. It was a rival and precursor to the Open Group's CDE. Work began on VUE in 1988 at Apollo Computer for use with Domain/OS, as an alternative to Apollo's standard DM and wmgr. ...

Maybe this will help. :lol:

Not to be confused with Veridian in Watercolor either. :roll:

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
That's really strange...That's alot of money down the drain for a Club that has been struggling to say afloat the last several years...I mean they did not even give the place a few months to see if it worked...Seems like there has to be more to this than what we are hearing for them to change course like this

To clarify, the club financially, is in good shape despit down number of rounds of golf played. Average restuarant losses at a USa club range around $80k
so the "Beach Club" was no the higher end, but also has higher overhead than a non beachy golf club. That said, the enthusiasm instlled from the renovation to the new staffing is now tossed to the wind, with the membership scratching their heads.

I enjoy being a member, and its worth it, but every few years the newly elected board takes on their pet projects and recycles the same old policies tried and failed at thousands of other golf and CC clubs

Santa Rosa needs to decide what the F they want to be
Either a Country Club with public access or rely on soaking the members for more fees and be the Augusta of the South

When this all started i suggested they farm it out to a Golf Management Company, there are plenty of good ones who know how to balance the books as well as the members. Its time the club fessed up to it and let someone else handle it before they lose their core members

As for the beach club...... stay tuned for a name change back again(prediction)

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We'll have to try both the new and not so new on our upcoming trip. Both have great 'views' unless something has been built across the street from the 'V'.
Also, may I do a little selling? In the 'V' video, the bar area, I think I spotted the distinctive bottle of Collingwood - I developed that whiskey and soon to be released Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. (It's available here in Louisville.) Of course, for talking purposes, the master distillers and their teams did the development work:)
Ellen

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
We'll have to try both the new and not so new on our upcoming trip. Both have great 'views' unless something has been built across the street from the 'V'.
Also, may I do a little selling? In the 'V' video, the bar area, I think I spotted the distinctive bottle of Collingwood - I developed that whiskey and soon to be released Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey. (It's available here in Louisville.) Of course, for talking purposes, the master distillers and their teams did the development work:)
Ellen

I may just have to do some testing. :D

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Ellen

OK, if we don't meet this trip, I am gonna cry. Too many near misses!:lol: What are your dates?

Kurt likes bourbon too. ;-)

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Jenny, JCPS spring break. We're arriving Sat:) Our favorite place for a drink is of course Bud & Alleys. We are staying in Seaside in a house with a lovely screened in porch. We'll be bringing alcohol with us of course! Our older daughter and her husband will be joining us for part of the trip.
BF Marketing reorged - again. Your friend Erin appears to be in Atlanta still. Ellen

DIXIE CLEANS

Beach Comber
Feb 25, 2011
Viridian, not Veridian. Vue on 30A, not Vue.

Viridian is a blue-green pigment, a hydrated chromium(III) oxide, of medium saturation and relatively dark in value. It is composed more of green than blue. Specifically, it is a dark shade of spring green, the color between green and cyan on the color wheel. ...

Vue is a mis-spelling of "view", or Visual User Environment (VUE or HP-VUE) was Hewlett-Packard's Desktop environment for the X Window System. It was a rival and precursor to the Open Group's CDE. Work began on VUE in 1988 at Apollo Computer for use with Domain/OS, as an alternative to Apollo's standard DM and wmgr. ...

Maybe this will help. :lol:

Ha! This reminds me of the Search Overload commercials aired by Microsoft Bing. Too funny.