• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sandor Zombori

Beach Crab
Mar 21, 2011
I would like to thank all the people who joined together with me to transform the old Santa Rosa Beach Club restaurant into the new VUE on 30A. When I reached out and called for your help, you did not hesitate to respond. You had faith and trust in me and in this venture. I want to let you know that I did not betray you, nor did I walk out on our dream. Unfortunately, the Board of Directors of the Santa Rosa Golf & Beach Club decided to change direction and return to their previous casual dining menu. All of a sudden it was over before it even started. And the dream ended, which never was. Thank you again. It was a privilege and an honor to work with all of you, especially my kitchen brigade who endured many grueling hours of work in preparation of the opening.

Sincerely,

Chef Sandor

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I knew that was going to happen. Some people don't want any change. I was really looking forward to better food at Vue.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Thats a shame.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I hate boycotts. That said, maybe it is time for those in SoWal to consider whether they wish to spend their hard earned dining dollars at the Santa Rosa Golf and Beach Club. I can find a wonderful ocean view anytime and I don't care for high priced mediocre food.
Too bad, Sandor. Be sure to let us know where you settle so we may enjoy your wonderful creations.

vote

Beach Comber
Aug 6, 2008
I hate boycotts. That said, maybe it is time for those in SoWal to consider whether they wish to spend their hard earned dining dollars at the Santa Rosa Golf and Beach Club. I can find a wonderful ocean view anytime and I don't care for high priced mediocre food.
Too bad, Sandor. Be sure to let us know where you settle so we may enjoy your wonderful creations.
best pork chop ever possibly a short while ago why the change ? have you eaten there again since the pork chop ? what is the basis for this statement ?

Green Knight

Beach Lover
Apr 30, 2009
Would love to see a copy of the menu and the price points...what could have changed the members mind this quick??...find it hard to believe the new menu would not have been cleared before the opening

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
best pork chop ever possibly a short while ago why the change ? have you eaten there again since the pork chop ? what is the basis for this statement ?
See other thread. My answer is there.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Would love to see a copy of the menu and the price points...what could have changed the members mind this quick??...find it hard to believe the new menu would not have been cleared before the opening

it was, with 2 evenings of testing. I was at one of them. Sure didnt warrant a flat out thimbs down. Give the new stoves and equipment a chance.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007

The change in menu "back to the casual fine dining" is a C turn for sure. Strange since one of the Board's pushes at one time was for Fire to lease. Some of the members whine about the pricing needing to be at 12-22$
Well Fire prices arent that and i would pay theirs any day of the week.

Now sure why they cant pick 3-4 items and make them good, every time, for a fair price.
Plenty of places round here do that and do well despite the view.

The club cant have it all ways..... there was never any acoountability for bad food under last regime. Servers brought us things you wouldnt put in your own kitchen never mind pay for it.

One question keeps coming to mind. How much did the new decor cost ? I heard 350$k....

Time for Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmare LOL

Last edited: