• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I've had them at the Basin Bayou location of Nick's when they're in season. Might be worth a call to see if that's in the works for the beach location.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
I agree with Kurt. I used to do my own boil every spring but the only place I could get a live sack was at Goatfeathers so you may want to call them...

rocketman

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2008
The go to guy for local boiled crawfish in South Walton is Richard Stafford. He makes the best on the planet. I've tried many times to replicate what he does but....he's got us beat. We'll be traveling to Breaux Bridge, Louisiana this week to eat crawfish.....Sorry, we won't be able to bring any back.... In our family, they end up on the endangered species rather quickly come dinner time......Richard can probably tell you where to find some locally.....

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
One of my best memories from living in NOLA was getting a bushel of crawfish (with Dixie beer, of course), and munching on them on the stairs at the lakefront with our friends. YUM!

I'll have to try Goatfeathers' crawfish. Thanks, BeachSiO2.

One note of caution is that I've never gotten cooked ones from them, only live ones I could cook myself. My better half is from Central LA and went to UL-Lafayette so we have the family recipe that's almost as famous as your Chili recipe I have adopted.;-)

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
I should never have opened this thread! I'm about to go pay $5.95/lb. for boiled crawfish today!!!!!!! Beach Runner - I too used to sit on the seawall and eat crawfish - but with Miller Ponies!!!!!!