• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
UGA eases tailgating restrictions on North Campus | 11alive.com

What the what? At Georgia Tech there are no restrictions on tents, tables, grills, etc. Most of the "techies" even have huge flat-screen TVs at their tailgates. GT even provides heavy-duty trash bags for the tailgaters.

No worry about the leftover alcohol containers. The homeless people :)() take care of those once everyone goes into Bobby Dodd.

Are your schools that strict on tailgating? Florida and Auburn aren't because we've been to a lot of games at those schools (that is, unless they've recently changed their policies).

No grills for tailgating? No way.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
UGA cracked down several years ago BR. I think some of it had gotten out of hand and I don't think they had the resources to handle the traffic, crowd control, clean up, etc. Thus the crack down. You know us Tech fans are just not as rowdy as the Dawg fanatics. ;-)

Althea352

Beach Comber
Dec 1, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach
Yeah, we had back to back night games at the start of '09 season and there was an insane amount of trash left behind. Although I still maintain that it was the South Carolina fans that did most of the trashing -- Adams and the school decided that we needed stricter tailgating rules.

It's good to see they've eased things up a bit -- yet all of our home games this past year were noonISH kickoffs (except GT game) ...kids/fans were barely able to get up and out before the game started...let alone have time to tailgate. I can only hope that if later kickoffs allow for more tailgating that fans will continue to clean up behind themselves and all of these guidelines will soon be lifted! It just isn't gameday in Athens unless you can drive by the Arch and see the smoke/smell the grub on the grills! :)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
At SMU, they do something called Boulevarding. :lol:

Never did that...we played our games at the Cotton Bowl back in the day. We did something called busgating. :cool:

montgomerydawg

Beach Crab
Mar 24, 2011
as a rabid DAWG fan I am glad something---anything is being done. The tailgating rules are ridicoulus. At least with the new sec network broadcasts we are able to have more than one night game a year.