• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

themob

Beach Crab
Mar 27, 2011
Can you get a permit for driving on beach for a week?Is there anyone who provides a service to take your beach stuff for you and return in the afternoon to pick up?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Can you get a permit for driving on beach for a week?Is there anyone who provides a service to take your beach stuff for you and return in the afternoon to pick up?

Sorry you can't get a temp permit, or a real permit unless you're lucky and live in the county.

There are several beach chair/umbrella services that will set you up with their stuff. If you have extra stuff they just might haul it for you if they have time or room. It might depend on how many setups they have going when you are here and where you will be staying.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
The only people who can get temporary beach driving permits are those with documented disabilities. Nonresidents with disabilities can get a no-cost temporary permit, and residents with disabilities can get an annual no-cost beach driving permit. This was part of the revisions to the beach driving ordinance that were approved a couple of months ago.

leecotton84

Beach Comber
Jun 26, 2008
i just read the new ordinance and it seems to me (unless im reading it wrong) thats its pretty much the same as the one a fews ago. can someone please enlighten me on this please.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Here's a link to the ordinance with the newest revisions: http://fl-waltoncounty.civicplus.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=3231

You'll notice that the issuing authority listed for the permits is now the clerk of courts. It's also stated that registered county voters who are not county property owners are eligible to apply for the 150 new permits. A lottery will decide which of the applicants for those 150 permit will be able to get a permit.

P.S. I should have said that the clerk of courts is going to be the issuing authority soon. I think April 1 is the day that responsibility is going to transfer from the tax collector's office to the clerk of courts.

Last edited:

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Can someone tell me how I could go about getting the temp. beach driving permit? I am a non resident and have a handicap tag on my car. Visit Grayton once or twice every year and having a beach driving permit would help. Thanks...

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Can someone tell me how I could go about getting the temp. beach driving permit? I am a non resident and have a handicap tag on my car. Visit Grayton once or twice every year and having a beach driving permit would help. Thanks...

According to the revised ordinance, Walton County Code Enforcement will be issuing the temporary permits. Their email address is codeenforcement@co.walton.fl.us, and here is some other contact info for them:
Main Office - South Walton Annex
31 Coastal Centre Blvd Suite 100
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459

Ph: (850) 622-0000
Fax: (850) 622-0023

Hours
7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Monday - Friday

Last edited: