• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
Huckabee has worked hard and earned everything he has. Even a large closet. This is the American way without government giving him anything. You are being petty and jealous. Surprise, Surprise. God works in mysterious ways.
yes, he never cashed a government check, gomer

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
Where is the house that Mike Huckabee is building in Blue Mountain Beach?

100_0063-1-1.jpg

It is at 756 Blue Mtn Road - overlooking gulf between 83 and Sanctuary By The Sea

The house on left his Huckabee's, and here's an article on the house.

Mike Huckabee's $3 million home | Arkansas Blog

Gidget :wave:

Mike Huckabee, who left Arkansas, where he built the platform for his media success and which, incidentally, has an income tax, is putting down expensive roots in a beach development in Walton County, Fla., east of Destin ? a $3 million home. David Koon reports:
Paperwork filed in Walton County, Fla. shows that Huckabee and wife Janet are building a new multi-million dollar home on Blue Mountain Beach. The building permit for the three-story beachfront house lists the projected cost of construction at $2.2 million. This is in addition to the cost of the land, which Walton County most recently appraised at $853,062. The land was purchased for $800,000 in 2009 by the Angus B. Wiles Trust. The trustee is Bryan Jeffrey, a Little Rock accountant who handles Huckabee's accounting matters. A Florida official said records indicate Huckabee is the owner of the trust. Trusts are frequently established in Florida as a means of shielding the identity of property owners from easy Internet searches. County records for the trust show an $800,000 mortgage with Centennial Bank filed Nov. 20, 2009, and a $2.25 million mortgage with Centennial filed June 23. The documents indicate the first mortgage, with $550,000 still outstanding, was incorporated in a second mortgage agreement for a total debt to Centennial of $2.8 million. The records also indicate a pool or spa is in the works.
According to documents on file, the new house at 756 Blue Mountain Road will feature 8,224 square feet of living space, and 2,969 square feet of porch and deck space. The Huckabees are currently renting a house in nearby Miramar Beach. They also still own a home in North Little Rock. Janet Huckabee is often seen in town, recently at an upscale design store picking out furnishings for the new Florida home. She also has a January court date over a State Police-issued traffic ticket.
A Twitterer snapped a photo of the under-construction home, which makes it appear the house actually has four levels, the top one with what should be a panoramic Gulf view. Google shows you the sugar sand setting.
Huckabee talked to the Walton Sun newspaper about his love for Florida in an interview published this week. He didn't mention Florida's lack of an income tax, but he said housing prices were lower than in New York, where he produces his Fox News talk show, and that he liked the knowledge of grits and the SEC he found there, plus good, affordable restaurants. He said he continues to be undecided about a presidential run, an effort that would likely put a temporary crimp in his TV and radio work and paid speaking appearances.
Huckabee said the change of states was not politically motivated. ?Political aspirations were not a factor in the move,? he said. ?People try to read more into it than there is. Growing up as I did in Hope, Ark., it was a dream to do something like this. Living here is a dream. Our first place as young marrieds was a $40-a-month duplex, which was probably overpriced. And since I am in Manhattan weekly, it is slightly easier to get there from here with the new airport. Now if we could just get non-stop flights to New York, it would make my wife very happy.?
As for the choice of South Walton as opposed to other parts of Florida, Huckabee explains, ?We have friends who wanted to have a place here for some time. They found two lots and they bought one and we bought one.?
Huckabee said in researching the best place to buy in all of Florida, the Panhandle made more sense.
?It?s less likely to be crowded and there is a great attitude among people here. In South Florida, all of New York and Connecticut relocates there. But South Walton is all Southeastern Conference. I can order grits and people know what I?m talking about. Not to mention, the most beautiful beaches in all of America,? he said. ?It?s an incredible, magnificent area with the best restaurants that are on par with those in Manhattan, but you don?t have to hijack a Brinks truck to pay for the meal.?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Both those houses are gonna look pretty weird hanging out in space after the next big hurricane..:roll:

zip3

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2010
3 million is not that much for South Walton. Look at the Retreat and Watersound. Everyone is just being petty and jealous because he is Republican. Get over it and let him live his life. If his house falls in the Gulf then he will have to deal with it just like we all do who live here.

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
It?s less likely to be crowded and there is a great attitude among people here. In South Florida, all of New York and Connecticut relocates there. But South Walton is all Southeastern Conference. I can order grits and people know what I?m talking about. Not to mention, the most beautiful beaches in all of America,? he said. ?It?s an incredible, magnificent area with the best restaurants that are on par with those in Manhattan, but you don?t have to hijack a Brinks truck to pay for the meal.?
Guess he has not read SoWal as to attitude, ;-)

He was very complimentary about the area.

Something that simply amazes me about some of the comments here. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to be cordial to them, or heaven forbid even friends.

I would be glad to hear him play some guitar music.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
His house is oversized for the neighborhood - but so is most of the recent construction in Sowal.

Amazing that entire families used to vacation in homes that were smaller than the new master suite.

Last edited:

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
Glad to see him say nice things about our area. I agree with him about the beaches and restaurants.