• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I feel for the secret service agents that are going to have to protect this thing. :yikes: Black suits on the sand in august?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I guess my universe is tilted when I think, pretty big houses (his buddy is building one next to him), then I notice the old houses in the background and remember the real size of things. Blue Mountain Beach is changing.

One day all the old gulf front (and gulf view) houses will be knocked down and replaced by mansions for the rich.

110308-bluemountainbeach-004.jpg

110308-bluemountainbeach-007.jpg

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
That thing is jsut huge. Who needs all that space? I am not picking on Huckabee, there are plenty more where that comes from. :dunno:

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
Guess he has not read SoWal as to attitude, ;-)

He was very complimentary about the area.

Something that simply amazes me about some of the comments here. You don't have to agree with someone's politics to be cordial to them, or heaven forbid even friends.

I would be glad to hear him play some guitar music.

Yes, he's been complimentary of our area, and he loves the atmosphere of grits & SEC football ... my hat's off to him, he can have a big house if he wants, and he's already shown more class than someone who asks for or who publishes his new address here ... why not give him some privacy, please, & maybe offer to be a friend or neighbor if the opportunity presents itself, not a gawker.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yes, he's been complimentary of our area, and he loves the atmosphere of grits & SEC football ... my hat's off to him, he can have a big house if he wants, and he's already shown more class than someone who asks for or who publishes his new address here ... why not give him some privacy, please, & maybe offer to be a friend or neighbor if the opportunity presents itself, not a gawker.

The address posted was a joke - if you go there, you will not be at the Huckabee house, but at that poster's business.

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I'm surprised by all the favorable/nice posts by everyone. I figured because he wasn't liberal people would have bad things to say about him. SoWal surprised me this time.

its been my experience in life as well as on the board that most people have very open minds & hearts, a huge set of friends and family from every political and other persuasion, and also most importantly - manners. additionally, comments such as the one you posted (above) would not have been considered friendly to anyone nor in very good taste. It's not about politics. It is all about character, manners and judgment. there is a time and a place for stating your opinions on matters, thoughtfully and kindly (without using stereotypical, degrading labels to describe people or peers).

now, back to welcoming a new neighbor!

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

He's very personable in real life. Not sure how that would work out if he knew it was a gay hand he was shaking. That said my only fear of him moving here is a presidential bid that's going to turn this area into a police state over night. That's not why most people moved here. I'd be just as worried if a democratic, libertarian, or teabagger potential presidential candidate moved here.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

Bashing him would give his supporters the opportunity to get up on their high horse and assume the role of sanctimonious victimized outsider. Nobody wants that, right?