• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
There must be breakfast at Red Bar now. Check out Breakfast.

EDIT: I think that's just a page on their website that hasn't been deleted. As I recall, the last time we were there, 2 eggs, grits or potatoes, and a biscuit or toast was $5, not $4. No one lowers their prices these days.

Keep me posted. Love me some RB Breakfast.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
There must be breakfast at Red Bar now. Check out Breakfast.

EDIT: I think that's just a page on their website that hasn't been deleted. As I recall, the last time we were there, 2 eggs, grits or potatoes, and a biscuit or toast was $5, not $4. No one lowers their prices these days.

I think you are right - the breakfast menu was never taken off the site. The website says lunch and dinner. I called the red bar yesterday - they said no breakfast being served now, and no plans to do so at this point. Don't know if the person really knew any future plans so we just don't know anything!

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Bummer. Looking forward to that being our first meal on 30A when we arrive in the early morn. I know there are other options. We'll be alright.
(It's April Fool's Day. I assume that the last post is true.) We'll still stop in Grayton and check when we arrive. We arrive well before checkin so we 'kill time' going to the beach (sleeping on a blanket) and dining:) Ellen

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Bummer. Looking forward to that being our first meal on 30A when we arrive in the early morn. I know there are other options. We'll be alright.
(It's April Fool's Day. I assume that the last post is true.) We'll still stop in Grayton and check when we arrive. We arrive well before checkin so we 'kill time' going to the beach (sleeping on a blanket) and dining:) Ellen

I wouldn't joke about a thing like food! :lol: we just don't know. we'll try to get to the bottom of this critical issue!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Ok, I'm drooling at the thought of a great breakfast in SoWal. Any recommendations for a great breakfast place on the east side of 30A (Rosemary Beach, Seacrest beach, Seagrove)?

Great Southern at Seaside.

I really hope Red Bar brings the breakfast back, it was really good at a great price. :clap:

Great Southern at Seaside.

I really hope Red Bar brings the breakfast back, it was really good at a great price. :clap:
Great Southern is good (we've been there many times since Red Bar stopped serving breakfast), but they only serve scrambled eggs and poached eggs. I like mine fried over-easy. Also I like plain grits. And I prefer wheat toast over biscuits (unless the biscuits are really soft on the inside).

I don't like the heavy brunch-type items for breakfast. Gives me a tummy-ache.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
BR - try Gravel Road. Suggest getting the side vegetables in your omelet.

The only time I ate breakfast at Great Southern, I had fried eggs. :dunno:

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
Oh, no...breakfast at the RB with Mimosas was/is fantastic. Have also enjoyed breakfasts at Stinky's, so give that a try. Lots of good places to eat...Check out some new places...I think we all take RB for granted...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I love RB breakfast (biscuits and gravy!)! I also love breakfast at Modica Market, Hibiscus, Amavida, Summer Kitchen, Stinky's, Great Southern and Flip Flops! I love Gravel Road but have not made it there for breakfast yet - need to do it.

Last edited: