• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I feel like such a hick. :blush: :lol:

1924scenic30a-508.jpg

I thought the trend now is to build less ostentatious homes. But apparently not. Our daughter was the lead photographer for the wedding of a mid-thirties couple who have just built a home here in which the tile floors are heated so their cats won't get cold! Gigantic and gorgeous home with beautiful interior design.

How often would one sit on a sofa in the bathroom? I can see having nice seating in a huge walk-in closet. Another thing I don't get is a frieplace in the bathroom. By the time the fire gets going (unless it's gas), it's time to leave.

And I thought it was a luxury to have TVs in the bathroom.

But what people do with their money is none of my business really. :dunno:

Last edited:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Hail, I only have one place to sit in my master bath. :wave:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Half the time, I'm kinda damp in my master bath...it just wouldn't seem right to set my damp,fat ass on a white! sofa, ya know?

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
My issue would be that I like to get the whole room steam bath-like when I shower or bathe, and unless you're talking next generation patio furniture that can pass as indoor furniture, my preferred level of humidity in a bathroom can't be good for upholstery.

As someone who grew up Up North, I can get the heated tile. If you like the look but hate the feel of cold tile underfoot, it's not too weird to go with radiant heat floors, even if you're using the cats as an excuse.

My issue would be that I like to get the whole room steam bath-like when I shower or bathe, and unless you're talking next generation patio furniture that can pass as indoor furniture, my preferred level of humidity in a bathroom can't be good for upholstery.

As someone who grew up Up North, I can get the heated tile. If you like the look but hate the feel of cold tile underfoot, it's not too weird to go with radiant heat floors, even if you're using the cats as an excuse.
But the home to which I am referring is south of Atlanta.