• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Effective 09/01/10
316.2065(5)
Bicyclist must remain in a bicycle lane if a lane is provided. If a specified lane is not provided, bicyclist must stay as close as practicable to the right.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Did they also write a law that drivers should actually drive between the lines?

Because while bikes taking up extra space can be a nuisance, they don't make me fear for my life on a daily basis like all the dumbarses so busy yapping on the phone/distracted/boozed they can't stay on their side of the centerline.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Did they also write a law that drivers should actually drive between the lines?

Because while bikes taking up extra space can be a nuisance, they don't make me fear for my life on a daily basis like all the dumbarses so busy yapping on the phone/distracted/boozed they can't stay on their side of the centerline.

Yep, ask anyone who's gotten a DUI, they are very familiar with the term "failure to maintain a lane".

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I thought dedicated bike paths also had a maximum speed limit that wouldn't work for all the bikers out in groups exercising. I'm not sure the bike path idea is the best route......pun intended. :sarc:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I don't know, this could be interpreted that since a dedicated bike path is provided it must be utilized instead of the road. That would be utterly fantastic if so! ;-)

Doubt it. Not going to happen anyway since there will be no enforcement possible. As much as you may dislike bikes on the road i think living in a police state much worse.

Doubt it. Not going to happen anyway since there will be no enforcement possible. As much as you may dislike bikes on the road i think living in a police state much worse.

Bikes aside, as I know there is much passion on both sides of that argument, are you implying enforcement of laws creates a police state? I know that I would be thrilled beyond belief if they just started consistently enforcing the beach dog laws. Such enforcement would enrich the community in my opinion and there are many other areas that more active police involvement would be a boon locally. :D

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I do find it interesting that floridagirl either purposefully or accidentally left out the part about giving a minimum 3 foot distance when passing a biker. That was also part of the new law.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I don't know, this could be interpreted that since a dedicated bike path is provided it must be utilized instead of the road. That would be utterly fantastic if so! ;-)
The Timpoochie Trail isn't a dedicated bike path. It is a multi-use path. A dedicated bike lane is very different.