• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
:clap:
Good question and easy answer.... because if you want to order online they charge a $5 per ticket fee... That would bring the tickets for Sunday to $85 each! I only paid $35 each for tickets to the Peter White Christmas concert (Peter White, Rick Braun, and Mindi Abair) last December. I'll probably call the number Mr Carter gave Playground Music yesterday and try to order tickets but if there is an additional charge for using a credit card, I may not be going to the event after all.

Ok - let us know.

seabreezeradio

Beach Comber
Apr 15, 2008
Good question and easy answer.... because if you want to order online they charge a $5 per ticket fee... That would bring the tickets for Sunday to $85 each! I only paid $35 each for tickets to the Peter White Christmas concert (Peter White, Rick Braun, and Mindi Abair) last December. I'll probably call the number Mr Carter gave Playground Music yesterday and try to order tickets but if there is an additional charge for using a credit card, I may not be going to the event after all.

In keeping the costs of the festival down for everyone, there is a nominal fee to order tickets with a credit card. This practice is seen with any event where people are ordering tickets with a credit card when they are mailed out. Our ticket processing company (Tix.com) is the most reasonable of all the companies we could find is processing fees and mailing. For an $80 Single Day Ticket, the cost to use your credit card and have the ticket mailed to you (or have at the Will Call Tent at the gate of the event) is only $5.00. This is a "deal" compared to the charges Ticketmaster --the largest ticket company in the USA -- would charge. We were given an estimate of $22-$38 on top of the $80 for the ticket to use their service. And if the customer orders multiple tickets --there is only one mailing charge ($2.50 of the $5) so actually its a better deal when you order more than one ticket. Unfortunately-- we cannot take credit cards and mail tickets for free. The customer has to pay a "convenience charge" for the ability to use this service. Rather than upcharge everyone for the service to some ...we offer "hard tickets" locally for those you do not wish to order online or by phone and bypass this fee. This is why the tickets at our three local outlets are cash only --and hence are $80 without any charges. It's simply an incentive to get the ticket at the best price. But I realize, we cannot please everyone out there. There's always the old-fashioned way of buying tickets at the gate....if we still have tickets available.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
can't wait for the concert...it is one of my favorite events of the year.:clap:

polo

Beach Comber
Jul 15, 2008
Congratulations to Mark Carter and the organizers of the the Seabreeze Jazz Festival. The web site now explicitly states that ticket purchases from the partner vendors (Kitchenique, Playground Music, and Borders at Pier Park) must be made with CASH ONLY. This allows buyers to be prepared prior to arriving at the vendor.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I have two sets of F,S,S up for grabs to the first person with over 150 posts who guesses the number between 1-10 that I just txted to Kurt.

:dunno:what?