• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Another domain the TDC should have purchased prior to their announcement.

Looks like it might fit as well and just might be for sale.

www.visitsouthwalton.com

Oooooooops!

Registered Owner: Jill Gaupin
Domain Name: VISITSOUTHWALTON.COM
Creation Date: 26-jun-2009
Expiration Date: 26-jun-2014

Last edited:

WaltonIsOne

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2009
Walton County, FL
I realize the one of the bullet points of this is that people don't know where they are. Is there anyway that could be expanded upon? I'm not too worried about someone staying in Dune Allen and not knowing that it's specifically called Dune Allen. I have a feeling this is the big issue and I don't feel that it's a problem to be putting over a million dollars worth of focus on. If someone is here and truly doesn't know what county they are in then it's a problem. I feel that there's some serious spinning of a survey/poll that isn't being revealed.

If someone does not know what "beach town" that they are staying in, then obviously the "Monster Signs" have failed to perform their function.

It is pretty obvious to many that the survey/poll results are questionable as the number of participants was never revealed. The "rebranding" project in its current form will most likely fail. Without a "transitional" branding strategy, this is like starting over.

If I was a BCC member, I would be concerned that I might have been intentionally mislead into "rubber stamping" this TDC expenditure.

Especially since the video record taken of the BCC meeting on April 12th shows that no public comment was requested or heard before the vote was taken on this matter.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
If someone does not know what "beach town" that they are staying in, then obviously the "Monster Signs" have failed to perform their function.

It is pretty obvious to many that the survey/poll results are questionable as the number of participants was never revealed. The "rebranding" project in its current form will most likely fail. Without a "transitional" branding strategy, this is like starting over.

If I was a BCC member, I would be concerned that I might have been intentionally mislead into "rubber stamping" this TDC expenditure.

Especially since the video record taken of the BCC meeting on April 12th shows that no public comment was requested or heard before the vote was taken on this matter.

I do have to point out that the research that Bob posted does mention the number of people surveyed. IIRC it was less than 500. Seems a little low for a 1.3 million dollar project that affects something like 2 million visitors a year.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
And to reiterate, the visitors DO know where they are - they just don't know that where they are is now called the "beaches of south walton." Silly tourists think they are in Seaside, Rosemary, Watercolor, Blue Mountain, Alys Beach...............

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
The domain name: toeachyourbeach.com - belongs to lkm, which is the advertising agency hired by the TDC.

The domain name was registered on Nov 11, 2010. It is an inactive domain at this time - they probably were reserving it for potential future use.

They would also probably like to have the domain name southwalton.com

More dollars leave the county. TDC does not support local businesses.

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
And to reiterate, the visitors DO know where they are - they just don't know that where they are is now called the "beaches of south walton." Silly tourists think they are in Seaside, Rosemary, Watercolor, Blue Mountain, Alys Beach...............

A sign that the word is "out" and therefore no need for the TDC anymore. Put the money back in the visitors pockets so they can have more to spend. How about they allocate the money to hiring back Sean Hughes and Diane Brown at SWFD

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
A sign that the word is "out" and therefore no need for the TDC anymore. Put the money back in the visitors pockets so they can have more to spend. How about they allocate the money to hiring back Sean Hughes and Diane Brown at SWFD

The dollars can only be spent on tourist activities. Granted tourists utilize the SWFD, but I don't think that Florida Statutes would allow that kind of allocation.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Don't know if this has been pointed out, but watching a honda civic commercial tonight I realized that not only is "To each, your beach" awkward and grammatically incorrect, it is also apparently a rip off of the 2012 Honda Civic advertising slogan:

"To each their own"

YouTube - Miller Honda: 2012 Honda Civic To Each their Own

Which is also grammatically incorrect, but still not as awkward as "To each, your beach."

Must be nice to recycle slogans from other advertisers for 1.3 million. How do I get a job like that?