• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Investigator

Beach Comber
Feb 4, 2010
sheriff needs to be voted out!

on this easter sunday, i saw one of walton county's sheriff storm troopers writing a ticket to an elderly couple dressed for church south of paxton on u.s.331. i guess something so disgusting makes us all feel a lot safer in our homes'.
oh wait, writing lots' of tickets allows the fat, rolly polly fella to drive a fancy new unmarked suv.
god bless america. in a time when gov. scott is asking for government to go on a diet, this career political animal has bellied up to the taxpayer breast. it's time to say no in '2012 and send sheriff mikkie packing out of office.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
For only a 2nd post, this more or less takes the cake, particularly since he/she doesn't evidently know what we had previously for a sheriff and even less about the overall operation of the sheriff's office now compared to then. Go Sheriff Mike Atkinson and Deputies!!!!

I have recently been traveling up to South Georgia on a job and noticed that an unusual number of marked and unmarked police cars have been parked beside the roads. I asked a friend and he said they were parking and watching traffic because of the price of fuel. I don't know if this is the case here, but it makes sense.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I think 2 years ago the State of Florida did something similar to this. As I understood it they were advised they did not want a lot of running up and down the road and still wanted them to be visible.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
on this easter sunday, i saw one of walton county's sheriff storm troopers writing a ticket to an elderly couple dressed for church south of paxton on u.s.331. i guess something so disgusting makes us all feel a lot safer in our homes'.
oh wait, writing lots' of tickets allows the fat, rolly polly fella to drive a fancy new unmarked suv.
god bless america. in a time when gov. scott is asking for government to go on a diet, this career political animal has bellied up to the taxpayer breast. it's time to say no in '2012 and send sheriff mikkie packing out of office.

Could you advise more detail what the current sheriff has done wrong? I'd be shocked if he got less than 80% of the vote in the next election.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
P.S. Yes, seeing law enforcement doing their job DOES make us feel better.

Don't know what you find so disgusting about the ticket .............. unless it was you getting it.