• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
Alaqua Animal Refuge relies heavily on a volunteer force. Please come join our team of dog walkers and make a difference in a rescued dog's life. It's terrific exercise in a wonderful setting .. an overall rewarding experience.

Please contact me if you can help. We're particularly short on volunteers on the weekends.

THX!

Lois

Beach Lover
Aug 23, 2005
On the bay
The dogs are walked mornings and afternoons, 7-days a week. The morning shift starts at 8:00am and normally finishes by 10:30am. The afternoon shift comes in around 3:00pm and finishes around 5:30pm. Of course, if either of these times are not convenient, you are welcome to come in between times, the dogs are always in need of attention and a welcome break from their kennels, and there are other tasks to perform such as bathing and grooming.

Please let me know if there’s a particular day(s) of the week you would prefer to walk and whether the mornings or afternoons are best for you. If you cannot commit to a particular day and would prefer to be copied each week on the schedule and come in on an “as-needed” basis, that is fine also. I’ll arrange for another volunteer to work with you the first-time to show you the ropes. The weekly schedule is sent out each Sunday. Right now, we’re desperate for volunteers on the weekends. Due to liability, you have to be 18-years of age or older to volunteer.

Thanks for your interest in volunteering, we really appreciate it and are eager for the help!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Dog Walkers

Hi! I had written a little while back to help with the smaller dogs and animals. I want to apologize for not getting back to you, but I suddenly have some medical issues that prevent me from doing much of anything. I have a good day now and then and if I have time when I do I was wondering if I could just come by and help. I had already applied a while ago and did a little bit of volunteer work for your fundraisers. Unfortunately, things have just gone down hill and when I am having a good day I would love to come work with the animals. That is what I have done all of my life. I had a pet sitting service that I can no longer do either. I am seeing a good doctor and hope he can figure it out and get me back on track soon. When I am I will be happy to help on a regular basis. Thank you and I am sorry I am just getting back to you. Have a great day, Brenda