• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
I need to make a choice between AT&T and Verizon with my iPad/phone so can you tell me which works better in SoWal - ATT or Verizon. I'll make my decision based on this because I'll be using my iPad/phone in SoWal a lot. I've heard coverage is the biggest reason to choose one over the other, and I only have those 2 choices.

Thanks.

chanster

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
had verizon on 30-a for many years. now that they bought alltel it works most places. works great right on the beach. 30-a still doesn't have the reception of a big city but its doable

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I don't know if coverage on the north side of the bay is of interest to you or not, but ...

I have AT&T and live about 3 miles north of the bay. I typically only had one bar at most here for the last year or so. Then, earlier this week, I suddenly started getting a full four bars. They must have commissioned a new tower or something. The 30-A area coverage has always been pretty good for me.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
ATT has great coverage here - I've never had a problem. Even during spring break when others were having problems due to too many iphone/att users in town, my phone was fine - except I noticed the time was off once or twice during that period which was weird.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I have Verizon and it works well throughout SoWal. It used to have a couple of dead zones, but those are no longer dead.

ATT used to be terrible for reception in SoWal, but from all my iPhone user friends, it seems to have great coverage in SoWal now. However, during busy spring breaks, they are often down.

ATT's customer service is so shotty that I know many iPhone users who are switching to Verizon when their contract runs out at ATT, so maybe in the future, it will be Verizon with the jammed towers during Spring Break.

I have At&T and have no problems whatsoever on 30a. I had no issues either when heavy tourist use put a load on the system during spring break of this year. The one time in the last 4 years that I had to call AT&T concerning an issue, I was helped quickly, professionally and above and beyond what was necessary to fix the problem. They credited my account $75 to fix a $25 dollar misbill.

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I have been an AT&T customer forever. I have never had a problem on 30-A with coverage. I have also alway's had wonderful customer service with any issue I had with them. I know this is not the case with all, but for me they have been wonderful!