• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

melscuba

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Roswell, Ga hoping SoWal someday
Just wondering what you guys thought of Cypress Breeze Plantation. It looks like it broke ground several years ago during the boom. Is it struggling to get off the ground? Does any one know its financial health? And finally, what are opinions of the neighborhood itself.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
It's giant alright, with big rock waterfalls. They're hurting in there and will be until they get more folks and enough money to get the falls turned back on and the lawns mowed.

Seems quiet and great location to the gulf. Paved sidewalk right to 30-A.

LJ123

Beach Lover
Jun 23, 2009
Pool

It's giant alright, with big rock waterfalls. They're hurting in there and will be until they get more folks and enough money to get the falls turned back on and the lawns mowed.

Seems quiet and great location to the gulf. Paved sidewalk right to 30-A.

The pool is a huge monthly operational expense. They need to get rid of the waterfalls and trim it down to a normal pool. Thats all people want. I have considered buying some lots and building in Cypress Breeze Plantation, but the pool is a negative for the community. Whoever designed and built that had no CLASS!

CampbellFL

Beach Comber
Mar 7, 2010
We live there right now (LEASING ONLY) and I am surprised it has been such a flop. Yes, the pool is tacky, but big and fun. The location, however, is fantastic. We walk, yes WALK, to the beach often. It is quiet and my kids have their run of the streets. I am not CRAZY about the home design, I wish they had gone more traditional beach style rather than the "gawdy" beach on some of the houses. For the price, it is quite a "steal". I googled the neighborhood before we decided on this home and apparently the "pool front" lots were sold at a starting price of 200,000:0 Needless to say, there are only TWO pool front homes built. They are still building in here, about two are under construction right now.

Beach_Bicycler

Beach Crab
Apr 23, 2010
While my join date may show April 2010, I have actually been reading messages on this forum since 2004. This particular posting finally motivated me to official join up and start contributing.

Cypress Breeze is in a similar challenging state as so many of the subdivisions that got their start in the early/mid 2000s along 30a. I see it as no better off or worse off than others such as Forest Lakes, Santa Rosa Golf Villas, Thompson Woods, Lakeside at Blue Mountain Beach and the list goes on and on.

What differentiates Cypress Breeze from these other places (besides the much commented on "Flintstones pool complex") are 2 things. First, the lots tend to be larger. And even with setback and upland/wetland lot use restrictions, you can build either a full size home or only a smaller cottage today thats expandable later. There is ample room for garages and yards. Many other communities that it competes with on price are vacation cottages that are not as accomodating if you ever intend to live there most of the time. Second, almost every other community being built today has a unified architecture approach. While this is what is in vogue today and has been the past decade or two, it does beg the question about how Cypress Breeze will be viewed 20 or 30 years down the road. It is possible that tastes will change and once again communities where the architecture is varied will be more preferred than communities where the homes are all unified. This second comment is the real wildcard with Cypress Breeze longer term. You really cannot say what tastes will be in 2030 today.

There is a new homeowners association in place since July 2009 that is working very diligently and by the book utlizing what little financial resources it currently has to keep things operating. I should also note that the homeowners dues are currently only $900 per year which is significantly lower than any of these other communities.

I have been a property owner there since 2004 and have seen it all. From its phase I roots with just 23 lots in 2003 to the pool grand opening party in 2006 to the beginning of the "distress" in 2008 to the homeowner association turnover (from the original developers to independent homeowners) in 2009 and am cautiously optimistic that over time the situation will slowly but surely improve.

Bob

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2004
O'Wal
While my join date may show April 2010, I have actually been reading messages on this forum since 2004. This particular posting finally motivated me to official join up and start contributing.

Cypress Breeze is in a similar challenging state as so many of the subdivisions that got their start in the early/mid 2000s along 30a. I see it as no better off or worse off than others such as Forest Lakes, Santa Rosa Golf Villas, Thompson Woods, Lakeside at Blue Mountain Beach and the list goes on and on.

What differentiates Cypress Breeze from these other places (besides the much commented on "Flintstones pool complex") are 2 things. First, the lots tend to be larger. And even with setback and upland/wetland lot use restrictions, you can build either a full size home or only a smaller cottage today thats expandable later. There is ample room for garages and yards. Many other communities that it competes with on price are vacation cottages that are not as accomodating if you ever intend to live there most of the time. Second, almost every other community being built today has a unified architecture approach. While this is what is in vogue today and has been the past decade or two, it does beg the question about how Cypress Breeze will be viewed 20 or 30 years down the road. It is possible that tastes will change and once again communities where the architecture is varied will be more preferred than communities where the homes are all unified. This second comment is the real wildcard with Cypress Breeze longer term. You really cannot say what tastes will be in 2030 today.

There is a new homeowners association in place since July 2009 that is working very diligently and by the book utlizing what little financial resources it currently has to keep things operating. I should also note that the homeowners dues are currently only $900 per year which is significantly lower than any of these other communities.

I have been a property owner there since 2004 and have seen it all. From its phase I roots with just 23 lots in 2003 to the pool grand opening party in 2006 to the beginning of the "distress" in 2008 to the homeowner association turnover (from the original developers to independent homeowners) in 2009 and am cautiously optimistic that over time the situation will slowly but surely improve.
good post

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
Very good comment about the architectural style B_B. The homes in there vary quite a bit and that may be exactly where someone will be looking to build for just that reason.

I personally would never want to live in a neighborhood where every home is nearly a clone of all the others. Some drunk is going to go home to the wrong home in that neighborhood some day. :rotfl:

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
I think the pool looks fun and awesome. Cypress breeze, if tacky pools are wrong please don't ever be right- keep the theme park pool!

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
Any updates on the pool situation at this subdivision? We are thinking of this location to live, because of the size homes (we have a big family). My kids love that pool, but if it is not going to be up and running it would not make sense.