• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How will you vote on the 1/2 mil transfer ?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
BIG BUMP!! We were at Artsquest this weekend and heard that the art and music teachers already been notified that art and music is the first to go if this does not pass. Seriously.

We also heard that the Walton County tea party people are working for a "no" vote. Ugh. Maybe one of them will correct me- I certainly hope so.

SO heads up South Walton. One of the things that makes us unique and cool is our strong arts- people move here because of it, real estate moves because of the artsy scene here, people visit and spend money here because of it- and now there is a real possibility that our kids won't have art and music at school! Wouldn't that be unreal and ridiculous? Vote YES on May 17th!

In regard to the upcoming May 17th referendum, there will be a meeting of the TEA Party Patriots at 6:00 P.M. in the meeting room at the South Walton Library on Thursday, May 12th. A presentation on the upcoming referendum and a question and answer session will be made by Supt. Anderson. All are invited to attend.

One thing more. There is no movement to vote "no" on the referendum by members of the TEA Party. It is time for some to realize that one of the main goals of the TEA Party is fiscal responsibility...by all levels and manner of government. My suggestion is to come Thursday evening and find out what the school issue and the TEA Party is really all about.

alstream

Beach Comber
Jul 27, 2009
How to vote in special referendum

New to the area and have voted in regular elections, but would like to know where/how to vote for special referendum. I assume that my normal location for voting will not be where I should go this time?

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
NO!

When the school district starts operating in the spirit of the Sunshine Law and is more transparent in it's dealings maybe they can convince me to change my opinion. After all, this is the same outfit where they "lost" $1.4 million and then McCall "found" it by the next board meeting. Also, the board doesn't actually do anything or make any decisions. It's a rubber stamp committee for Carlene Anderson.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Please see MDD88jd post above. this is simply moving money from one category to another in order to keep valuable programs and teachers in our school system. Please vote yes for the children--not the proper place to attack the Superintendent IMO. There are other ways of making that change if that's what one thinks appropriate.

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
The district has misrepresented some things

Please see MDD88jd post above. this is simply moving money from one category to another in order to keep valuable programs and teachers in our school system. Please vote yes for the children--not the proper place to attack the Superintendent IMO. There are other ways of making that change if that's what one thinks appropriate.

At the end of the 2009-2010 school year a few very good teachers were non-renewed. One of these teachers had a masters degree more than 30 years experience, good evaluations and her first grade FAIR scores were the best of all the first grade units at that school. The district hired more than 60 teachers since then. No former teachers were given any consideration for rehire despite the conditions in Article 11.5 of the collective bargaining agreement which states that non renewed former teachers would be given first consideration for rehire. I can document and prove what I say. I'll be glad to show that proof to anyone. The board will not address the issue. It remains silent. And they want me to vote for this? Think a dam gin.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
So you're pissed off at them for something else and that is what is determining your vote, not what is the best course of action?

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
I'm pissed off at them because they lied. Would you like to see the proof of what I have stated? Probably not. I'll give you my name address, telephone number, e-mail address, facebook page and I'll meet with anyone at their convenience and prove that the school district has lied about what they do.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I would love to have you start another thread and bring anything you deem important to our attention.

Just trying to sort if it has any bearing to this item before I cast a vote.

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
I'm only one person and one vote. I don't try to influence others. If a person chooses to believe someone who is lying that's fine. This is an interesting issue in that all of Walton counties politicians seem to be of like mind on this even though they claim to be Republicans who usually oppose the notion of "if you have a problem, throw money at it". My "problem" is that when I see something wrong I speak up. I don't subscribe to the idea of turning the other way and trying to justify unethical behavior by hiding behind statutes that insulate you from telling the truth.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
So speak up, start a new thread, and give us some details/bring attention to the issue. Many voters could then be aware.