• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Question. Who was the only smart Commissioner that voted against this appointment? I know, do you and what is the justification by the other four for an such an increase in salary when we are all looking for ways to reduce our government spending?

Andy, I am proud of her and hope this is a good sign for the future. I am still not sold on her or any of the rest of them but I hope she continues to explore her conservative, libertarian side. I will be the first to admit my error and cheer her on.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Sounds like someone needs to get their stories together:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/county-40001-kisela-administrator.html

The Daily News reports that Kisela will get a 16,000 pay raise instead of taking a 10,000 pay cut. The plot thickens.
It is my understanding he will receive a car and other benefits that were not available to the previous County Administrator and the benefits when added to the salary comes to an increase over what he was making as Destin City Manager. He did not have a car and the other benefits while Destin City Manager, thus an increase in compensation.

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If that is true, why does he need these things when the previous County Administrator managed to do the job for 15 years without them?

IMO for over $100K a year you can drive your own car and suck it up as part of your job.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
It is my understanding he will receive a car and other benefits that were not available to the previous County Administrator and the benefits when added to the salary comes to an increase over what he was making as Destin City Manager. He did not have a car and the other benefits while Destin City Manager, thus an increase in compensation.

Those benefits were available, Mr. Bell chose not to accept them. According to the NWFDN the salary is a $16K increase over what he was making in Destin. And prior to the meeting a highly connected developer once again went into the back room where the commissioners are before they meet.

Kenneth Pridgen did say you get what you pay for nowadays according to a quote in the paper. Seeing what commissioners a getting paid it makes me wonder.

Those benefits were available, Mr. Bell chose not to accept them. According to the NWFDN the salary is a $16K increase over what he was making in Destin. And prior to the meeting a highly connected developer once again went into the back room where the commissioners are before they meet.

Kenneth Pridgen did say you get what you pay for nowadays according to a quote in the paper. Seeing what commissioners a getting paid it makes me wonder.

What is the connection between the developer and Kisella?