• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How will you vote on the 1/2 mil transfer ?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Just a reminder. If you wish to hear what Superintendent Anderson has to say on this subject, a TEA Party Patriot's meeting will be addressed by her this evening at 6:00 P.M. at the Coastal Branch Library. ALL are invited to attend and ask questions. Maybe she can shed some light on the stadium issue as well.

Just a reminder. If you wish to hear what Superintendent Anderson has to say on this subject, a TEA Party Patriot's meeting will be addressed by her this evening at 6:00 P.M. at the Coastal Branch Library. ALL are invited to attend and ask questions. Maybe she can shed some light on the stadium issue as well.

I applaud the Superintendent for appearing before us mad tea party folks. :)

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I don't think I can be called a pawn of the politicians by any stretch. In fact, I tend to support the vote um all out and start over approach. But, your anger is hurting your cause more than it is helping. If you want to influence people, take the advise and start a new thread outlining your issue. Many people will listen but you have to be reasonable.
As far as the school board, Mark Davis is one of the few local politicians I have any regard for. I believe he would listen to your concerns.
Back to the subject of this thread. Voting YES is a no-brainer. Taxes are not raised, money is only transfered from one line item to another. The sad thing is that this must be voted on at all, the school board should have the ability to make this decision on their own.
A parting thought: I would like to hear the facts on this 6 million dollar stadium rumor.

Not a rumour. Mark took me out and showed me what all they were going to do. Will be really nice when they get through.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Just a reminder. Supt. Anderson will be making a presentation at the TEA Party Patriot's meeting tonight at the Coastal Branch Library. The meeting is at 6:00 p.m. and ALL are invited. There will be a question and answer period.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Last day of early voting is tomorrow- this is so important for the Walton County students, teachers, staff, and our community in general.

Thank you in advance from a mom who knows how important art, music, and a well-rounded education has been to both our graduating senior and 3rd grader. Honestly, I never imagined having to fight for stuff that we always considered a "normal" and key component of public school education.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I just hope we don't find ourselves having to fight for public school education in general...in some places, that possibility seems to be on the horizon.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Last day of early voting is tomorrow- this is so important for the Walton County students, teachers, staff, and our community in general.

Thank you in advance from a mom who knows how important art, music, and a well-rounded education has been to both our graduating senior and 3rd grader. Honestly, I never imagined having to fight for stuff that we always considered a "normal" and key component of public school education.

I took a big tour of Bay Elementary School last week. While I was impressed with many apsects of the school campus and classrooms, I was really surprised to learn what little extracurricular activities are available to the students. 35 minutes of art per week and 35 minutes of music per week. I asked why these items are so minimal and the response was that the academic instruction required by law took up the entire school day and left little time for extracurricular. I still have research to do. I know Bay is an excellent school from all I've heard for years and years - I am trying to digest what I've learned so far. I seek a well-rounded education for my child. Of course, as in all situations, its the parents job to round out education at home as they see fit. Maybe its a case of "the school can't do it all". Time is limited within the school day, and I do not wish for a longer day or a longer school year! But, at this point I am concerned about the "well rounded education" part.

I'm reviewing the Sunshine Standards for Grade 4 and they are detailed and quite comprehensive in Language Arts, Math, Social Studies and Science.

Last edited:

Anne Watts

Beach Crab
May 10, 2011
I understand that there is a political action committee pushing this effort. I'd like some information on that. Who is on the committee and who gave money to it. I haven't seen any ads promoting it, but I haven't checked todays paper. Someone mentioned the Superintendent speaking to the tea party. How did that go?

Anne Watts

Beach Crab
May 10, 2011
it would appear that anyone who doesn't support this effort is an unwanted annoyance and is guilty of stalking and harassment. There are many things i don't support and it would seem that this thread be left to those who wish to preach to the choir. I often engage in debate with people on other forums and on facebook. If anyone wishes to file a complaint against me, either civil or criminal, i do believe i've made it easy.
ita!