• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

WaltonIsOne

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2009
Walton County, FL
Where to Start

We need new leaders in Walton County. Think about that when you go to vote. We need a change with honest people. To many side deals going on. There's a lot of you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours going on. Walton County needs to be investigated in all areas. Who can help?

I am no expert, but if I were faced with a concern about an official's action, One might try to learn more about their "personal" business to start. This may lead you to a "what" they have done, and a "why" (i.e. reason) they did it.

In order to identify potential "questionable behavior"of a government official or employee, a good place to start is to find what what a particular official/employee owns in terms of real estate and corporations in the state of Florida. This purpose is to learn more about what "business interests" the county official or employee has in our state and county. What you are searching for is "background" information.

If you have a particular official/employee in mind, then first search the Official Records held by the county Clerk of the Court at www.clerkofcourts.co.walton.fl.us . There you can search by the persons name and see all of the records contained in the Official Records that pertain to the individual. Here you can find any property sales or purchases and potentially any other "agreements" involving the person that for some reason or another are required to be recorded in the county's official records.

Next, go to the Florida Division of Corporations web site and search for Corporations in which the county official or employee is a "Officer" of a corporation or a "Member" in Limited Liability Company (LLC). Here is the site: www.sunbiz.org - Document Searches .

If you find any corporations in which the official or employee is an officer, you then go back to the county records and search on the Corporation name so see if they are involved in any "transactions" in the county records. Also, you may want to note any other officers that own a corporation with a county official or employee and search for them in the county records.

Also, if you find that the official is an officer of a corporation, I would also suggest that you search all of the County's BCC meeting minutes records, planning and zoning meeting minutes records, etc to see if the person/corporation/LLC is ever referenced there. Here is the site to visit to search these county documents: Walton County Board of County Commissioners Meeting Minutes Online

All of this will help you identify any potential business transactions in which a county employee or official had in the county. Then you can go from there by requesting records from the county government officials and departments that pertain to these particular transactions.

It takes a lot of work, but you might turn up something, then maybe not. I am a believer in always trying to focus more on "why" a government employee gets themselves involved in questionable behavior versus the actual "what" of their act. The why is always more interesting, and may lead you to others who are involved and benefiting as well.

This takes time and patience just like a big 2000 piece puzzle. And you should note something, if you visit the sites mentioned above and turn up nothing, trying going back to the same sites a couple days later and reperforming the searches. You would be surprised of the state and county records that are electronically "buried" and unfindable the first time, but "show up" a few days later.

Good luck and be careful not to let people know what you are doing until the picture in the puzzle you are putting together starts to get clearer.

If people find out that you are on the "hunt" to find out more about their questionable behavior, they will try to cover their "tracks" even more or attempt to throw you off their scent.

Remember "Loose lips sink ships". (I hate cliche's, but this one is helpful to remember.)

Last edited:

Investigator

Beach Comber
Feb 4, 2010
Corrupt Walton Co.

We elected Sheriff Adkinson as a member of the Republican Party. But, he has spent thousands of dollars on lobbyists trying to maintain the old, state political patronage system. it's time for us in private enterprise to have an accounting of the state system. Reform it like private enterprsie.
Governor Scott is trying to reform the sytem to get rid of collective bargaining and be able to remove ineffective personnel. A waste of taxpayer dollars.
Instead, our Sheriff continues to fight Governor Scott's effort to reform state employees. It's time to make state employees more accountable and stop the nonsense of drop and huge pensions'.
Adkinson is a Liberal Democrat dressed in Republican clothing. I ask my fellow true litmus Republicans of Walton Co. to show our dissatisfaction with his wild spending and liberal lobbying efforts. In the November 2012 say "NO" to a second term for this Republican sham.

Using a lack of support for Govenor Scott as your criteria for ousting the sheriff will only have the opposite effect, as he is losing support of all rationale humans including republicans. After reading your prior posts, your only purpose on these boards is abundantly clear. I have a feeling the sheriff won't be going anywhere...thank goodness!

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Now you sound like a man named Dan. Its all my fault, when we negotiate we hold a gun to the public employers head to get what we want. It has nothing to do with proof of numbers and surveys. As for the pension system and the like I am sure the company you worked for gave their pension to the Federal Government so that you and I, the tax payer is on the hook for it. Oh and the Federal Government reduced your benefits so now your upset with me because I was politically motivated enough to lobby my Legislators to protect what I have. Just like private Corporations and groups who do the same, some years we win some years like this year we lose, but I will be back in Tallahassee next year representing the members of my organization attempting to protect what I have. I opposed the Sheriff in his last election and may in the future. As for him doing his job I have no issue, but who knows he may be the best who runs. So as someone who voted Republican in this race this does not show me the sham you claim. Lobbying is the way things gey done and money lots of money just ask Governor Scott, who I did not vote for.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Sorry, but when you argue that Atkinson is the problem and Scott is the solution, I just bust out laughing and can't take you seriously!

I am just one of many locals who is VERY glad that Atkinson is in charge - and not so beholden to contributors like many past sheriffs. They should have had logos on their uniforms like NASCAR drivers they were so bought and paid for!

Scott can still turn it around, but logic and long range planning have taken a back seat to knee jerk reactions and lifting necessary regs for his cronies.

Sorry, but when you argue that Atkinson is the problem and Scott is the solution, I just bust out laughing and can't take you seriously!

I am just one of many locals who is VERY glad that Atkinson is in charge - and not so beholden to contributors like many past sheriffs. They should have had logos on their uniforms like NASCAR drivers they were so bought and paid for!

Scott can still turn it around, but logic and long range planning have taken a back seat to knee jerk reactions and lifting necessary regs for his cronies.

My friend, EVERY politician is beholden to their contributors and supporters. Including Adkinson and Scott. I imagine Adkinson's list starts with Brannon and Scott's starts with his healthcare cronies. They all have them. You have to evaluate how they perform in spite of their affiliations.

Last edited:

Henry Apfelbach

Beach Lover
May 14, 2011
Can you tell me how collective bargining is such a waste of taxpayer money? I would hate for me to make a salary I could not justify. That is all we do in that process. We go in there and make sure we can afford our wages, ask for the JUSTIFIABLE wages we get, and then go back and do our jobs. Is there something I don't know? If you have a problem with our pension I take it you also have a problem with the military pension. I mean god forbid we take care of the people who take care of us.