• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How will you vote on the 1/2 mil transfer ?

• Yes

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

weeniedawg

Banned
Dec 18, 2010
Bruce
At the risk of irking the regulars I'd like for a board member to answer the question as to why the associate teacher proposal was killed. This would have brought on new teachers to help meet the class size amendment and as I understand it the salary would have been much less than regular teacher salaries without the costly benefits. It seems that this would have solved some of the problems that the board blames on the 2002 Class size amendment which finally kicked in.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I consider myself a TEA Party member and I am for the reduction of taxes at every level. We must use common sense with regard to our broken tax system. In this case, that means voting YES on the millage transfer.

John R

needs to get out more
Dec 31, 2005
Conflictinator
To the adminstrators of this board, blah, blah...inane comments...blah, blah...give a blah... are. So there it is folks.

Not wanting to quote all the drivel, I must ask what does the above statement have to do with the context of this thread, which you have totally derailed? You obviously have an axe to grind, but the horse left the stable long ago. No one gives a $hit. Don't whine about your misfortune on a BB, run for a seat on the school board if you want to make a difference.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Well, I guess this thread is dead. It passed overwhelmingly. The only sad part is that because of the system we have to vote on a transfer at all.

And I'm no fan of 6.3 million dollar football stadiums. LOL

There must be a need for air Mark the bus that comes by my house daily at about 45 mph says he is trying to keep the bus cool. Live on a dead end street that has Slow kids at play 25mph signs.

Must have been a top fuel driver in another life. Lol

At first glance I thought spending 6 million dollars on a football field for high school was crazy, but ADA and Title 9 are federal laws and non-compliance would be even more expensive. What we need to do is fight to repeal these intrusive laws that force local governments into such spending.
I am glad the ballot initiative passed but think it is crazy to require such a vote. The local school board should have complete control over the tax rate for the local district up to a limit. Just like the county commission. It is stupid for Tallahassee to dictate the local millage rate and how the money can be spent.
If Mark Davis is a tax and spend democrat maybe we need more tax and spend democrats.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
At first glance I thought spending 6 million dollars on a football field for high school was crazy, but ADA and Title 9 are federal laws and non-compliance would be even more expensive. What we need to do is fight to repeal these intrusive laws that force local governments into such spending.
I am glad the ballot initiative passed but think it is crazy to require such a vote. The local school board should have complete control over the tax rate for the local district up to a limit. Just like the county commission. It is stupid for Tallahassee to dictate the local millage rate and how the money can be spent.
If Mark Davis is a tax and spend democrat maybe we need more tax and spend democrats.

ADA and Title 9 serve a purpose so I would not want to see them totally repealed.

I believe the millage thing was set up to keep districts from spending all their dollars in operational, ignoring buildings, then trying to go to the legislature to get additional capital dollars.