• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
thanks, Tate10. We'd really love to figure out how to come to 30A without a car sometime. They are o expensive. We spend two weeks in a small town in Italy every summer without a car and never miss it. We walk everywhere, get a taxi or take a bus if we need it. We'd love to do the same in SoWal. We'd get bikes instead. We'd use a shuttle from the airport and back, to Publix, and maybe the Red Bar. the family all day ticket would be great.

WaltonIsOne

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2009
Walton County, FL
30-A Tram Service - 30A Business Owners Invited to Participate through Sponsorship

Sunshine Shuttle has been educating local business owners on the value of a Tram Service proposed to operate along Scenic 30-A.

In an "invitation to participate" recently sent to 30-A business owners, Sunshine Shuttle expressed its intention to have designated pick-up and drop off points at local businesses that sponsor the Tram service.

It seems that the 30-A Tram service would be an excellent way to increase local and tourist patronage of businesses sponsoring the Tram service. Not to mention a great way to allow "non-drivers" and "shouldn't be drivers" from getting to and from different venues and businesses along 30-A.

It would be interesting to hear what 30-A business owners, business employees, and local citizens think about a 30-A Tram service. In particular, how business owners and employees think a Tram service would benefit their specific business.

ASH

Beach Fanatic
Feb 4, 2008
Roosevelt, MN
I think this would be a great way for people unfamiliar with the area to get comfortable with what's where prior to them shuttling themselves around driving like a tourist who just missed their turn. It also would alleviate additional parking stress in many already overcrowded tourist destinations. Even 10 less cars trying to find a parking spot in Seaside would immediately be noticed.

mdfamily5

Beach Comber
May 24, 2011
Great Idea

I would have to agree and support the ideals that are trying to beimplemented on 30A. Even as someone who travels to 30A from time to time seesthat the traffic is always a hindrance when it comes to trying to get to whereone needs to be (especially if it were a timing issue like perhaps dinnerreservations and what not). I also have to agree that it will bring forward thebusiness (that are in support and will be featured) as to improve their overallbusiness. Not only will this alleviate time and traffic but it will cut down onthe constant noise and parking as well.
:clap:

Christina528

Beach Crab
May 24, 2011
This tram service is much needed in the area for a couple of different reasons. Visitors need an alternative way of transportation besides coming here and renting a car for sightseeing or going from point A to B. Families that have guest in town may not be available to show guest around and teenagers may want to venture out with friends and go shopping or to the beach. Interns or exchange student may need transportation to work while being here in the spring and summer. There are many reasons we need this tram service.
:dothewave:

Last edited:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
I think this service can do nothing but good for 30A. I think people would frequent places further from their homes for dinner and drinks and other events. They could relax more knowing they do not have to drive and it will also help business owners since if they stay longer they will spend more money. I really hope this comes about. I can see no negative in it and always wondered why they did not have some sort or service such as this. I hope you can make it happen and that the public supports this service. Thanks for trying to get something started that we desperately need.

mdfamily5

Beach Comber
May 24, 2011

So after looking at a few responses and comments in regards to the 30Atransportation....What would it take to get this going? What would it take tofund the said project? What about the local businesses, would they be willingto help sponsor, after all they are going to be dropping off individuals iffront of thier businesses? And what about the TDC?????............

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
Seems like the tram should stop at Topsail Hill Camp ground, I'd think that some of the folks in the RV's would be happy not to have to unhook. Many of them trailer a car or motorcycle or bike for extra transportation but I thought the first unsuccessful trolley would have benefited from stopping up there.

Also the parking lot at the park, would be a great place for the bus to turn around in.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
I think we could see locals using it as much as tourists. I can think of some downsides (developments want to keep their renters on property), but I think if they open their minds a little more, they will realize that they will likely draw in more people than will they will lose to other venues. 30A could really use a good, inexpensive, running on time, shuttle. I'd use it sometimes.