• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Our Sprint service works pretty well, too.

I'm a full time resident and have experience with both Cingular and Nextel. Cingular was totally unreliable for me so I switched to Nextel about 2 1/2 years ago. I've been happy with Nextel - there are some black spots (around GulfPlace on 30A and in places on Mack Bayou) but otherwise, it's been reliable. I do know WC uses Nextel as it's company provider and I had heard through the grapevine that a Nextel tower was going to be placed somewhere near the WC Publix...but I don't know what happened to that. Anyone else hear anything?

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Smiling JOe said:
elliedog, I have found Alltel to be the most reliable cell service covering Walton County and more specifically SoWal. Anytime I hear someone complaining about reception, they usually are not using Alltel.

you can get a pay as you go AllTel phone and a mainutes card forward your other phones to it. walgreens/cvs and maybey even walmart has them - be sure its says AllTel on it and the minutes card - and you gotta buy it there or it wont be on the right network