• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was asked for recommendations, so I tried to make a list of ones that I truly love/crave. Wondered what other Sowaller's top 10 places are.

In no particular order, mine are:
1) Fire
2) Caliza
3) Smiling Fish
4) Basmati's
5) Gravel Road
6) Vintij
7) Stinky's Fish Camp
8) Pickle Factory
9) Royal Orchid
10) Bloom's

What are yours?

Last edited:

ReginaR

Beach Comber
To avoid picking my absolute favorite (next to impossible) I chose to go from west to east. These are the places I crave most:
1. Fat Clemenza's
2. Stinky's Fish Camp
3. Christiano's
4. Smiling Fish
5. Fire
6. Basmati
7. Fish Out of Water
8. Old Southern Cafe
9. Bud n Alleys
10. Cafe 30a
We haven't tried V or Vue on 30a yet so we will see if my list changes in a couple weeks.

I think top ten might be too many! lol

1. Stinkys
2. Fire
3. Caliza
4. Gravel Road
5. Bud N Alleys

I have a couple of least favorite as well, but decided not to share them on this particular thread. We are truly blessed to have so many amazing places to eat in such a tiny area! :)

I was asked for recommendations, so I tried to make a list of ones that I truly love/crave. Wondered what other Sowaller's top 10 places are.

In no particular order, mine are:
1) Fire
2) Caliza
3) Smiling Fish
4) Basmati's
5) Gravel Road
6) Vintij
7) Stinky's Fish Camp
8) Pickle Factory
9) Royal Orchid
10) Bloom's

What are yours?
Thanks for starting this thread. We haven't been to most of the restaurants on the list, and two of them only once. We always go to Stinky's each time we're in town.

Our top 10? Let us think about it. :scratch:

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
suprised nobody mentioned the most popular restaurant on 30-a red bar. i've eaten at every estabishmenet on 30-a and red bars shrimp po boy is much bigger and as tasty as any on 30-a. also there burger is the best i've had.as far as pizza i think enzo's has the best

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I haven't tried Fat Clemenza's, Cafe Tango, or Christiano's (just heard about them recently). Did take a great cooking class from chef at Fat Clemenza's, so it has been on the "want to try" list for a while.

Red Bar is a great place, but feel like it is overrun with hordes of tourists most of the time, so I don't go there as often.

cooper

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Best shrimp po boy on 30a sounds like a great poll. My vote there is bud and allys but very willing to sample any other suggestions!

Tango remains terrific. Great and friendly owners and staff.
Gravel road, Onano, and cafe 30a fabulous.

Nicks should not be overlooked and I'm so glad they are back.

Modica also wonderful. Have them cut some steaks for you to grill at home and you now have a top 10 place of your own.

Passing through Montgomery now on way down for weekend and getting very hungry!