• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Sure: South Walton is everything east of Sandestin, probably starting around the Donut Hole, but not including the new Walmart, it extends eastward to just before that convenience store on the east end of 30-A. Shades is in there, barely, but I dunno about Inlet Beach. From waste deep in the Gulf of Mexico, it extends a little bit north. It includes Pt. Washington, and Daughettes, Peach Creek, but not Bunker, nor Steelfield. We'll put all of Chat Holley and Hogtown in there, and, I guess, East and West Hewitt Roads. Maybe, Jolly Bay and Black Creek, but again, I dunno. Freeport is just too far north. I'm sure everybody has their definitions, but that's mine.

Last edited:
For me South Walton is Scenic 30a from the Gulf of Mexico then north up to and including Pt. Washington. Sandestin and Miramar are don't count as they are way more like suburbs of Destin. Inlet beach is mentally more Bay County for me... I am with Lake View Too for the most part... :)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm saying why include the greater Sandestin/Miramar Beach area in the overall concept of what we feel we mean by SoWal. Since the early seventies, Sandestin, and that area over there, has considered itself a part of Destin. Why don't we just let them? I know it confuses the TDC dollars and what-not, but, I'm just saying that a vast majority of us, and our visitors, consider "that area" a part of Destin, so, in the immortal words of Sir Paul, just let it be.

Last edited:

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I'm saying why include the greater Sandestin/Miramar Beach area in the overall concept of what we feel we mean by SoWal. Since the early seventies, Sandestin, and that area over there, has considered itself a part of Destin. Why don't we just let them? I know it confuses the TDC dollars and what-not, but, I'm just saying that a vast majority of us, and our visitors, consider "that area" a part of Destin, so, in the immortal words of Sir Paul, just let it be.

Walton County is South Walton. SoWal is border to border, south of I-10. Although as I said in another thread, the public will call it what it will.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I get asked where I live pretty often when I travel, my typical response is "in the florida panhandle, just east of a little town called Destin." I've tried the whole "in the florida panhandle in South Walton" but the south walton part doesn't work well in map searches. A Google maps search for south walton will result in nothing being found and a recommendation of "did you mean Walton, Florida?" Which maps to the heart of walton county florida. Bing maps finds "South Walton" but maps it to the Destin Commons.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
The BCC passed local preferences a couple of years ago.

Then why does it seem like every group hired by the TDC is out of state or out of county?

I've got at least 3 different mailing addresses - Seagrove, Seagrove Beach, Santa Rosa Beach - doesn't matter as long as the zip code is right. I know where I am.