• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I think they would be a great help in patrollling the beach for litterers and dogs not on a leash or not permitted. We had one stop and poop on ours just the other day and the owner did not pick up after it. Totally irresponsible on the owner's part. They should know better, the dog doesn't.

WaltonIsOne

Beach Lover
Nov 14, 2009
Walton County, FL
This letter was "ignored" because it is about something that doesn't exist and makes no sense.

Paranoia and ignorance are a dangerous combination.

Citizens (paranoid and uninformed ones or otherwise) are better served by county government when their letters or pleas for explanations are not "ignored". Govt employees should not ignore letters or e-mails on the basis that they are seen as "insulting" or nonfactual.

If that is how Walton County government should work, then we do not need any government employees, all we need is a post office box and electronic mail box for each department that simply fills up with mail from citizens that is then never answered.

At the least, someone from the county govt should contact the person who wrote the letter, try to understand what question the citizen is really asking, and try to seek an answer to the citizen's actual question.

I mean the Sheriff's department did not "ignore" the 960 people who locked themselves out of their cars last year as stated in the Sheriff's Annual Report. Many would all agree that it makes "no sense" to lock oneself out of one's car. But the county Sheriff did respond to the calls of these citizens. One wonders how much did that cost the taxpayers last year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Yes, WIO, there should be a response. It should be you're letter, email, etc. has been received and reviewed. We find it to be without merit.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Citizens (paranoid and uninformed ones or otherwise) are better served by county government when their letters or pleas for explanations are not "ignored". Govt employees should not ignore letters or e-mails on the basis that they are seen as "insulting" or nonfactual.

If that is how Walton County government should work, then we do not need any government employees, all we need is a post office box and electronic mail box for each department that simply fills up with mail from citizens that is then never answered.

At the least, someone from the county govt should contact the person who wrote the letter, try to understand what question the citizen is really asking, and try to seek an answer to the citizen's actual question.

I mean the Sheriff's department did not "ignore" the 960 people who locked themselves out of their cars last year as stated in the Sheriff's Annual Report. Many would all agree that it makes "no sense" to lock oneself out of one's car. But the county Sheriff did respond to the calls of these citizens. One wonders how much did that cost the taxpayers last year?
While just a volunteer board member, I did email them back and asked them to explain further since I did not know what they were talking about. I never got a response back though.

Last edited by a moderator: