• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
NHC is now saying that there's a 50% chance of development with Invest 94 and the early forecast tracks have actually narrowed a bit to LA through central Cuba. Given how dry it's been here, a nice, slow-moving weak tropical storm in the northern Gulf wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen.

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info
This front is becoming interesting. It looks like there is low pressure at the tail end of it around Brownsville Texas. The upper level winds appear to be somewhat favorable. I would not be surprised to see it mentioned in the 2pm or 8pm advisory today.

Tropicwatch

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
My guy's take on that....

"I am not too concerned about this area at the moment, based on the proximity to land, and current forecast steering which indicates a slow drift north, to NNE, but will keep tabs on it, as upper level winds in the extreme Western GOMEX are semi-favorable at the moment."

http://www.stormw.com/

tropicwatch

Beach Lover
Jul 15, 2005
tropicwatch.info
Well it never happened off of brownsville. The tropical weather models are indicating that a wave in western carribean will pass over Yucatan and enter the bay of Campeche. Once there, conditions are supposed to be favorable for development. Whatever happens then it will probably end up along the northern border of Mexico with Texas around the 4th of July.

Tropicwatch