• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
A bowl of ceral. Either Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes.

Kish, I love Lucky Charms! Wish I had some right now. I STILL don't have a thing in the house. Well, I do have some pasta......:scratch:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
Tonight I had a slice of provalone, a bite of Nutella and some watermelon. Not a bad combo.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
spaghetti, there's always sauce in our freezer and I'm never without some dry pasta! chips and salsa is my go to snack-we always have tortilla chips and 2-3 kinds of salsa on hand

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
corn dog today for lunch - left in freezer from visitors. didn't even have bread for PB&J. DID have pringles though. and coke. need some real groceries in the house.

I so hate grocery shopping. More every day. I'll find any excuse to not go. And, I'll eat some crazy crap just to keep from having to stop at the store.....especially WM.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I so hate grocery shopping. More every day. I'll find any excuse to not go. And, I'll eat some crazy crap just to keep from having to stop at the store.....especially WM.
You need to find some happy grocery stores or a farmer's market to get you excited about food. The box stores suck out your soul/appetite and cause food ruts IMO.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
You need to find some happy grocery stores or a farmer's market to get you excited about food. The box stores suck out your soul/appetite and cause food ruts IMO.

You're probably right scooty. WM is the only one that's convenient unfortunately. I do love Market Street and Central Market, but I find I spend WAY more when I go there. Tonight, I'm thinking I'll go to Market Street though. They have a b!tchin' salad bar.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
You're probably right scooty. WM is the only one that's convenient unfortunately. I do love Market Street and Central Market, but I find I spend WAY more when I go there. Tonight, I'm thinking I'll go to Market Street though. They have a b!tchin' salad bar.

my way to get excited about food and grocery shopping and cooking: dig out those cookbooks by Nigella or Barefoot Contessa or whoever you love and start planning something delicious and exciting. Now is a great time to do fresh tomato sauce, salsas, tomato soups, seafood chowder, spring vegetable risotto, tomato and mozzarella salad, chicken piccata, etc. Also, I have a terrific cuban salad recipe out of my Columbia Restaurant book - I really need to post it. So refreshing! and goes well with black beans and rice or cuban chicken and yellow rice... I go through the no-cooking period and its sometimes hard to motivate. I am waiting for the cruise ship to keep cooking for me but its not happening.

Last edited: