• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Anyone know why Louis Louis has gone to valet parking?

And when they will stop? :roll:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Just seems like a solution to a problem that didn't exist. I always feel like valet parking, when the valet is going to park the car about 20 feet away from where I have to give up my keys, when there are literally hundreds of parking spots available, is not a benefit to the patron.

I understand that when parking is tight, or you would have to park blocks away, it's a real convenience for the patron.

I love Louis Louis, this just felt, well, weird.

Why is it a problem?
My husband doesn't like other people driving our cars or being forced to use valet when space isn't an issue. He'd gladly park in the rear of the parking lot instead of feeling forced to tip someone when he could park it himself. He really hates it when he is forced to use valet and there's a sign that says, "Not responsible for your vehicle or its contents."

I realize that there are some places where there's no choice, like where I have my hair done in Buckhead. They stack up cars 4-5 deep because their lot is so small. Same with Antica Posta down the street from there.

Zebraspots

Beach Fanatic
May 15, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Usually when restaurants have valet it is because they didn't build enough parking spaces.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
I think the number of spaces is built into the land-use code, and shouldn't be a problem for any new approvals, but I can think of 2500 sf homes that have one parking place with no overflow parking for the community.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We went there one night in the fall and got the last "on property" spot. I know that the staff is parking across the street and this may just be a liability issue if your car needs to be parked across the street.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Yes, we often park across the street. I am not sure what the liability issue would be. If the owner of the lot across the street doesn't want Louis Louis customers parking there, he can post it and have cars towed.

I can't imagine that Louis Louis would have liability if you park your car somewhere off of their property and something happened to it.

I don't think they have much liability if you park your car ON the property and something happens to it, do they? I think their only liability is if some fixed object they installed falls on your car, not if someone backs into it or it is broken into, or towed.

At any rate, are they then absolutely guaranteeing the safety and condition of the car if you turn your keys over to the valet? That's the part that always makes me uncomfortable. There's always mouse type on the sign behind where all of the keys are hanging, absolving the valet company of all blame.

It also just makes me uncomfortable when it feels like the restaurant is pushing their valet parking on you. I guess next time we'll park at Scavenger's and walk over, past all those empty parking spots.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We went there one night in the fall and got the last "on property" spot. I know that the staff is parking across the street and this may just be a liability issue if your car needs to be parked across the street.

I think you are right It must be seasonal when valet parking is needed.

As long as we have Louis Louis I don't care where my car is parked!