• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

klauricella

Beach Lover
Dec 19, 2007
Freeport
Copied from Walton County Facebook Page.....

Walton County Sheriff, Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.
The WCSO is on scene at a major vehicle crash just north of the Clyde B. Wells Bridge on Hwy. 331. Due to road blockage and injuries, 331 is blocked both north and south bound lanes. Travellers are asked to avoid 331 between Freeport and the intersection of Hwy. 98 and 331 until the hazard is cleared. Drivers should use caution and pay close attention to law enforcement and fire officials on the scene.

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Just called WCSO: They said you can get to 3280 from the bridge. Not sure where the closure is.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I had to go to DeFuniak at 7. From the Black River Road (where the outpost is) you get routed west a mile or so and pop back out just before 20.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
Here's the news report. Anything vs. dump truck is always going to be bad:

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/truck-40963-highway-fatal.html

The Florida Highway Patrol was investigating the wreck, but had released no details as of 8:45 p.m. However, FHP reported that traffic was still blocked in both directions.

A Waste Management dump truck and a Ford sport utility vehicle were collided, according to Mike Morrison, spokesman for the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.

The driver of the SUV was pronounced dead at the scene.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
LaGrange & 331 is a horrible spot. I knew three people who have lost their lives there, and I'm embarrassed to admit that once upon a time, I almost took myself and the people stopped ahead of me out. (I didn't hit them, but it was close and it would have been totally my fault.) It is very easy to get distracted and not pay attention, and people northbound waiting to turn left onto LaGrange are sitting ducks.

Disclaimer - this may or may not have been what happened yesterday. That's just my observation based on years of driving past that intersection.