• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wesman70

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2011
Miramar Beach
Other than what the chamber offers through their leads groups, are there any local business networking organizations? If not, would anyone be interested in participating in one...? Free and casual like.

Last edited:

SlowMovin

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
I'm not aware of anything that is not at least affiliated with the Chamber. There is a group called Walton County Young Professionals (or something along those lines) but I think they're an offshoot of the Chamber. I don't know if they have an age cut-off, but they sponsored a breakfast with Mike Huckabee a couple of weeks ago and the median age in the room was probably significantly north of 40.

wesman70

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2011
Miramar Beach
I'm not aware of anything that is not at least affiliated with the Chamber. There is a group called Walton County Young Professionals (or something along those lines) but I think they're an offshoot of the Chamber. I don't know if they have an age cut-off, but they sponsored a breakfast with Mike Huckabee a couple of weeks ago and the median age in the room was probably significantly north of 40.

Thanks Ken. I saw the Huckabee meeting posted on one of the chamber websites, but didn't get a chance to attend due to business obligations. Are you a business owner or are you just one that has his finger on the pulse of things? Again, I appreciate the insight.
Best,
Wes Herndon

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
Other than what the chamber offers through their leads groups, are there any local business networking organizations? If not, would anyone be interested in participating in one...? Free and casual like.

75 folks viewed this, but didn't make a comment...not sure how to take that.

This reads like you want to make a proposal, so make it.

lmwichern

Beach Comber
Aug 10, 2010
It depends on what type of business you are in. I am a member of both Chambers, I try to attend all luncheons, business after hours and any business expos that they have. You can also become a member of the Realtor Boards, I do know that there is a networking group at Hard Rock Cafe on I believe the last Thursday of the month. You will have to check with Hard Rock to find out for sure. The meeting is at 7:30 am. You do not have to be a member of the chambers to attend their networking/business after hours events. Have you checked BNI to see if there is a local networking group here, that is a group that meets weekly and everyone in the group is required to pass leads to people in their specific group and there is one individual per industry. The Church has a networking group called Business Edge. There may be other local groups, but this can be a start for you. Hope this helps! Laura :)

wesman70

Beach Lover
Jan 30, 2011
Miramar Beach
Thx

It depends on what type of business you are in. I am a member of both Chambers, I try to attend all luncheons, business after hours and any business expos that they have. You can also become a member of the Realtor Boards, I do know that there is a networking group at Hard Rock Cafe on I believe the last Thursday of the month. You will have to check with Hard Rock to find out for sure. The meeting is at 7:30 am. You do not have to be a member of the chambers to attend their networking/business after hours events. Have you checked BNI to see if there is a local networking group here, that is a group that meets weekly and everyone in the group is required to pass leads to people in their specific group and there is one individual per industry. The Church has a networking group called Business Edge. There may be other local groups, but this can be a start for you. Hope this helps! Laura :)

Laura,
I appreciate you taking the time to give the info. I will definitely check out the local BNI chapter. Have done that before and if its a good group, it is usually a good thing to be apart of...

By the way, which church are you referring to?
Thanks again,
Wes Herndon

swantree

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
SRB
www.blueswell.com
United Methodist "good news" has a networking group every other thur. it is pretty informal but has a good following. the Hard Rock one is usually pretty cool. BNI is great but strict to be involved with.