• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Is it my imagination, or is the Jume grass (or seaweed) heavier than usual this year? :dunno:I look at the Seagrove Villas Cam & it looks really heavy. The Seagrove Beach SkyCam is down, so I can't see the overhead view.

~Monica

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Seems normal to me- swam in it for a long time today. Too much for fishing off the beach. Lots in the apres beach shower- so yes, normal!

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Jdarg! When I look at some of the different beach cams, it seems like the June grass is heavier in the Seagrove area, I wonder if that is because of the current there, or maybe water temperature? I just found that curious...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
It groups together and changes by the minute. In one place heavier at noon, another an hour later.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I stay glued to those webcams when I'm not working and I think the angle of the sun has a lot to do with how the water looks. When the sun is low in the sky, the water is darker, when its high, it looks like we all like it to look. :)