• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

momof2kids

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach
I am looking forward to it opening. I will buy my food from Publix - but buy my sundries from Walmart. Plus I won't have to drive toward Destin. That is a huge plus. I will not be going until next week though - hoping the madness settles a little.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
I don't know what's going on, but my husband just called and said there is an ambulance, and a firetruck with lights on at the door. Oh, and thanks to the losers that parked up and down w. hewitt and left the fn shopping carts in the road. I hate it already. :roll:

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
The place was packed, I couldn't get through the door. The parking lot was 100% full. Crazy!

I don't know what's going on, but my husband just called and said there is an ambulance, and a firetruck with lights on at the door. Oh, and thanks to the losers that parked up and down w. hewitt and left the fn shopping carts in the road. I hate it already. :roll:

My money is it was Scooterbug with 4 pounds of C4 strapped to her body taking care of business! lol ;)

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Wish I could find a list of all the donations they gave out at the opening . From what I hear they donated thousands of dollars to organizations from the SWFire dept to the SPICE program at Butler.

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
I had to go to the opening as our kid played the National Anthem with the SWHS band. I could not quite figure out how I wound up in the thick of it. It was an out of body experience for me. If I hadn't left my body it would have run screaming. The mart did give $500 checks to some schools and orgs and $1000 checks to a couple of others. I haven't quite recovered.:p