• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
I don't know what's going on, but my husband just called and said there is an ambulance, and a firetruck with lights on at the door. Oh, and thanks to the losers that parked up and down w. hewitt and left the fn shopping carts in the road. I hate it already. :roll:

We went to Walmart, don't ask me why! But the parking lot was much crazier than inside. And the cars that parked on W Hewitt were ticketed according to a manager.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Have you ever attempted to shop for groceries at a Walmart? Publix has absolutely nothing to worry about there. If you shop publix's buy one get one sales you can make out like a bandit while enjoying smiling, pleasant employees in a clean and organized enviroment. ;)

I hear you, but if you pay attention, Publix BOGOs typically are the same things in a cycle. Don't get me wrong, I take advantage of them when it comes to cereal,bagels and some other stuff. However, Wal-Mart will demolish Publix in my eyes on some other items-for example, we tend to eat about 5 Healthy Choice meals per week. These are NEVER BOGO at Publix, and typically they are about $1.50-$2 cheaper at Wal-Mart than Publix. Being conservative, that is nearly $400 in our budget annually. And honestly, I don't need smiling staff, I know where stuff is and go get it. I welcome the Wal-Mart option.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
You don'r realize how much you're getting screwed by Publix sometimes until you shop at Walmart. It's eye-opening. Not for everything of course. There's some really good stuf that Walmart just doesn't carry. I'll be shopping at both, and now it's great they're very close to each other and local.

rtc

Beach Comber
Sep 10, 2009
Went shopping there this afternoon.
Bought 2 cooked chickens priced at 5.98 were charged 6.98
Were offered two packages of sausage "free" were charged 2.98 for one 3.12 for another.

Stuff happens at startup -- but they weren't very understanding when the problems were pointed out.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
in fla you get screwed with bogo at publix.in ga you only have to buy 1 item and its 1/2 off. in fla you must buy both items to get the bogo. but many things in bogo kill walmart. such as a-1 steak sause, lean quisine family sized bogo,35 oz box for $3 each,many of the cereals at bogo.many of the home cleaning products are bogo. my favorite store is costco hands down but none near sowal

seagrover

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2004
Seagrove Beach, FL
I was in Wally World yesterday - in my opinion it is a "fail" - not near the variety as other stores. Now if you want shell s*** with Santa Rosa Beach on it, that is your place. Looks like it is good for peeps that want fishing gear and things like that but I left with several items on my list that I could not find - and maybe that is it, I just couldn't find it. They did have a pizza special that would feed an army for $9.98 - which I hope to have all if it eaten by the 4th of July!

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Do they stock shorts and tee shirts? If so, it is my kind of place.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal
I went there yesterday around 8:00 pm. It's absolutely perfect for my day to day things. I didn't buy anything, but I checked it out. It's small and won't take time to get in and out. If I forget something, it's no big deal to drive back again because it's close enough. Things like wiper blades (which I need and you ain't gonna get at Publix), oil filters, ink cartridges, light bulbs, pet food, and of course numerous food items. It's a gem of a store and exceeded my expectations. It was actually quiet and pleasant to be in. Walmart has never been a pleasant experience and I realize now it's largely due to the fact that it takes so long to get there, it takes so long to navigate because it's so big, and it takes so long to check out.