• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
No music, no TV's, no entertainment? Sounds like someone wants to run everything down there off or out of business? What the heck?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I think it's a good idea not to have TVs that can readily be seen from the street or the dining area. A separate bar area TV is OK if it's kind of subtle.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
I'll admit that I don't usually dine out in Seaside, but I do like to be able to find a place showing college football or basketball in their respective seasons. It sounds like some element of the Seaside Association likes power and control.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
I remember way back when Seaside wanted no TV period, even in the houses. They had to cave on that so none in public places apparently was a compromise.

Why? The sound is always off.

It takes away from the ambience of a nice dining experience for one. Also, not everyone likes sports. I for one prefer not to have to look at something I dislike while I am paying for a meal. There are plenty of sports bars for those that do.