• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachFool

Beach Fanatic
May 6, 2007
http://www.pnj.com/article/20110619...-set-flare?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"Banks basically put the word out late last year to stop processing foreclosures until they found out what was going to come of the robo-signing scandal," said Al Muller, president of Metro Market Trends.

Meanwhile, foreclosure actions, far from slowing down, were just piling up in a log jam.

Now, banks and lenders are starting to ease open the foreclosure gates again.
"It's obvious banks and lenders have been holding back foreclosures, and it's also obvious they've got to get back to dealing with their foreclosed properties," Muller said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
lispen6-11.jpg

A major pop in filings isn't showing up in county records - the pig is well within this snake at this point. Although I have no idea how many homes are still owned by the banks - my observations here in my neck of the woods (SD) indicate foreclosures are getting sold off at a pretty fast clip.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Can you tell me what this means? That the majority of foreclosures have been processed?

And what is SD?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis_pendens

It's a graph of the number of Lis Pen (attempt to foreclose) filings at the court. These generally represent the start of the overall foreclosure process on property. It doesn't represent the real number of properties because these filings are often filed multiple times. But it does give a very accurate representation of foreclosure activity in Walton County. (SD -> Sandestin)

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Dunno about foreclosure rates, but there are some RIDICULOUS deals out there and inventory keeps decreasing.

Sure wish I had a couple hundred thousand dollars. I could be buying Gulfview or half of a house next to the Red Bar (advertised at $426,900 - bet I could earn the property taxes just by renting out parking under the house)!

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
Dunno about foreclosure rates, but there are some RIDICULOUS deals out there and inventory keeps decreasing.

Sure wish I had a couple hundred thousand dollars. I could be buying Gulfview or half of a house next to the Red Bar (advertised at $426,900 - bet I could earn the property taxes just by renting out parking under the house)!

I'm not convinced we've reached a bottom on pricing, and I'm concerned about a sharp run-up in inflation that could destroy real value. I still poke through the listings though looking big high and dry lots or big lots with nice homes, but generally I'm still in a 'wait and see what happens next' mode.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lis_pendens

It's a graph of the number of Lis Pen (attempt to foreclose) filings at the court. These generally represent the start of the overall foreclosure process on property. It doesn't represent the real number of properties because these filings are often filed multiple times. But it does give a very accurate representation of foreclosure activity in Walton County. (SD -> Sandestin)

lol thanks - I meant "... the pig is well within this snake at this point."

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I'm not convinced we've reached a bottom on pricing, and I'm concerned about a sharp run-up in inflation that could destroy real value. I still poke through the listings though looking big high and dry lots or big lots with nice homes, but generally I'm still in a 'wait and see what happens next' mode.

I would be more worried about speculators artificially inflating prices (again) than the possible effect of inflation on housing values.

30ashopper

SoWal Insider
Apr 30, 2008
Right here!
I would be more worried about speculators artificially inflating prices (again) than the possible effect of inflation on housing values.

No easy money, no major problem with speculators. I have seen some cash rich flippers move in, they are buying up distressed sales, cleaning them up, and flipping them for small percentages. I don't see that having a big impact on price though, they are walking down the slope tossing rocks up the hill a few feet.