• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
This was posted on the wall of a friend who lives in the same area the Wilkes' are from. It would be nice for businesses to do this here too, i think.

Ann Owens Post - It is my dream for the Wilkes' to come through town on Wednesday as they send their daughter home, to see a town filled with signs and white bows. If you have a business with a sign please put something on it in Courtney's memory, and/or PLEASE put a white bow on your door. Would love to see them all up by tomorrow. PLEASE REPOST!!

volvomom

Beach Crab
Jun 21, 2011
i am hoping this investigation is still going on. this guy seems like an easy one to "pin it on". it would seem like his fingerprints / dna would have been all over the victim. this area needs to be safe / we do not need a quick fix due to tourism and then it backfire.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Don't worry, the investigation is still ongoing to collect additional evidence - and things like the autopsy report and DNA testing are part of that.

The Sheriff will not comment on certain things or release some information for legal reasons, but he has publicly said that they are not investigating anyone else for the crime.

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Do you Really think this is being pinned on the man who showed his friend what he did to this child? Apparently you don't have much faith in our local Law Enforcement, I do. They acted quickly and correctly in this terrible tragedy. Shame on your for doubting their integrity!

beach lover

Beach Lover
Jul 12, 2005
Referring to homeless man under Bramble walkover. He may be well known to us locals, but not to a tourist. This is not what they are expecting to see on their vacation. My daughter was here not long ago and went for her early morning beach walk, around 5:30am & saw him having a beer. She came back concerned. I ask her to describe him and said he was harmless.
But we have to remember a tourist is here to relax & unwind, not to figure the out the mind set of the homeless person. Do we want the tourist to take back these memories? Let this spread around where they live, not good for future visitors. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

ronnadavis2

Beach Comber
Sep 2, 2009
Seacrest
I have been so depressed about this. Almost not able to function. My empathy for the parents is consuming me.
My husband and I got in a squabble tonight and then both broke down crying admitting it was a product of the pain we were feeling about this senseless murder and knowing how unbearable it must be for her parents and siblings. We send our love out to them!