• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MonicaQA

Beach Lover
Jun 22, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
:chill: Chill Monica. This was days ago at Seacrest Beach and I was pretty far out in my kayak (2nd green stripe). Saaaalllll good :cool:

RiverOtter, it IS all good!:cool: Just wondering where (not that the sharks don't swim everywhere!) I like to swim out pretty far ("flirt with the sharks" as my hubby says.) When I read your post, I thought of the time I begged my husband to go out past the second sandbar to look for some sand dollars for me (someone had told me they found some there.) My husband did do it, because he is so sweet (but not without first trying to convince me to let him buy me some at the shops in Seaside, but I said it just wasn't the same.) Long story short, he never found any after diving for quite awhile, but said he would try again the next day. The following day our friends went out in the yak & saw an 8 ft. bull shark, so let's just say that I ended up with a store bought sand dollar. :lol:

AndrewG

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2010
We saw a 14 ft Hammerhead during Cobia season off Grayton Beach. Looked like a submarine it was so huge. Raised the hair on everyones neck.

RiverOtter, it IS all good!:cool: Just wondering where (not that the sharks don't swim everywhere!) I like to swim out pretty far ("flirt with the sharks" as my hubby says.) When I read your post, I thought of the time I begged my husband to go out past the second sandbar to look for some sand dollars for me (someone had told me they found some there.) My husband did do it, because he is so sweet (but not without first trying to convince me to let him buy me some at the shops in Seaside, but I said it just wasn't the same.) Long story short, he never found any after diving for quite awhile, but said he would try again the next day. The following day our friends went out in the yak & saw an 8 ft. bull shark, so let's just say that I ended up with a store bought sand dollar. :lol:

I guess statistically its no big deal but I would be more like your hubby swimming out there. I at least feel that I have an advantage on the yak. :cool:

Arkiehawg

Beach Fanatic
Jul 14, 2007
SoWal
We saw a 14 ft Hammerhead during Cobia season off Grayton Beach. Looked like a submarine it was so huge. Raised the hair on everyones neck.

Hammerheads luv squirrel.... :shark::shark:

Judie

Beach Comber
Mar 28, 2009
A family member heard last week from an eyewitness, that a shark had been photographed off of Grayton Beach ... perhaps near Gulf Trace area? and that it made the TV news? Anyone else see or hear of this?

CastlesOfSand

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
:eek: Thats why I don't go out past my ankles...... :D I'm only kidding but my husband takes his kayak to fish and has yet to see one. He goes out farther than I think he should.

cpete

Beach Lover
May 3, 2005
Austin, Tx
I caught a spanish mackerel from paddle board on the second sand bar last week and saw what appeared to be two small sharks with black marks on their fins. Looked like they were chasing something. I was at Watersound beach and it was about about 6:30 am. They were at the point where the 2nd sand bar dropped off.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
A knowledgeable local on this board once said when you pass the second sand bar you have left "the beach" and entered "the ocean".