• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Well a storm blew in before dinner, great clouds, thunder and cooler wind from our 3rd floor balcony overlooking the ocean-it's so worth it to pay for that view if you can!!! Fabulous dinner in, creamy fattening goodness and then a rousing game of Apples to Apples-a very fun card game with the tweens and 30 somethings while the little ones and 50+'s read and watched tv. I squeezed a ton of limes (by hand) and made pineapple lime margaritas-fabulous!!! juice of 2 limes, 1 shot tequila, 3/4 shot orangecello, shot of pineapple juice-shake it and add a splash of sprite/7 up; these are tasty!!! We also enjoyed a key lime pie from my friend Kat-all thumbs up and new converts to Kat's pies!!!
Wednesday, skipped the gym, can you believe it!?! Morning balcony time with friends then off to beach for several hours of boogie boarding, getting beat up by waves, tanning and chatting and a walk to the dune lake with my friend's son-he's so ready to return to snorkle tomorrow! Lunch of pasta salad, ham salad, pimento cheese, bruschetta-all home made, yummy! Girlfriends pool time while kids rested and then kids crashed the pool so I took the big boys to the beach for more boogie boarding. Water was quite green and rough this am, much better this afternoon late and tide was low which is always relaxing to me! Dressed and off to Seaside for sandwiches at the Meltdown on 30A-yummy! We had a minor meltdown or two related to some kids dire need of glow necklaces and light sabers and fairy wands-this was eventually resolved when the kids won out! Walked around a bit but these kids were tired, good band played but we needed last night's breeze! Back at our house now, little kids are singing vacation bible school songs-how sweet is that-in the bunk room; big boys are playing cards with the aunt, the rest of us are fixing drinks or computering for a bit while one makes homemade

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Nancy's chicken spaghetti has a 16oz angel hair pasta with 1 can of rotel, 1lb of velveeta cubed, 2 cans cream of mushroom soup (or one mushroom and one cream of chicken), small can of drained chopped olives, small can of sliced mushrooms, 1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Cook the chicken and then cook pasta in chicken water, reserve a cup and a half of water. Combine soups, olives, mushrooms, shredded chicken, cubed velveeta and some liquid to get a creamy texture, bake at 350 till bubbly in a greased casserole dish. You can omit olives and mushrooms and add another can of rotel if you want to keep it more simple. This is an East Texas tradition!!!

Pilates based class called Body Mechanix at Grayton Fitness, stretching and strength, Shea is so nice and helpful to a pilates novice, nice group of folks in the class as well.

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Friday, last day, up and to the beach early-not as green as Thursday but still pretty funky-I chilled alone at beach for a while. Girls called and they were heading to Seacrest to get feathers for their hair so i headed out with them-I got a rooster feather and a ocean blue feather, both thin feathers-nothing too wild since I have to train at a conference this week! Other girls got wild colors-fun! Shopped around a bit and then back to beach house for lunch. Headed back to beach as a group and we played in the waves and took lots of pictures. I took the oldest boys to the dune lake to snorkel and they LOVED it-much fun! Sadly we had to pack it in from the beach around 4 to get ready for our last hurrah dinner. We headed to Bayou Bills for dinner-half of our group was wanting crab so that made sense-it's not my favorite place but its always good and has good service and can handle a large group, the kids love the glass blower, too! Off to Walmart in Destin for some tshirts and such then back to back up the beach house-not nearly as fun as unpacking for the week!
Saturday morning up and loaded the car then headed back west. Had to stop for yeungling at Publix for hubby, stopped at Watermelon Patch shoe store in Mississippi then dropped a friend and her kiddos in LIndale, TX to meet her in laws for a big trip to Canton trades days the next day for them and headed on home to Arlington. It was a great couple of weeks at the beach; if we could just win the lotto, I'd sooooooooo have a place there!